Chapter 16 : Saanvi Speaks

Saanvis Pov

I stretched my legs and spent another hour googling 'How to realize that you're in love'. Almost 20+ website's popped up in front of me and I go through them all. I had all the symptoms to confirm that what I have towards Roy is something more than friendship.

I fell on the bed exhausted and stared at the ceiling with a small smile.  I've read it somewhere that after love confession boys will behave completely different. There's a lot of difference between before and after. But I don't feel the same with Roy. He's still that old stupid who tolerates me to his level best.

But it's all me. For god's sake it's all me who changed. Whenever he has his eyes on me I feel like I'm sinking into earth. His single touch send shivers down my spine. I can't believe that it's the same me. He corrupted me completely and I hate him for that.

But how can I hate him?  

He's completely different from all other boys I've ever met in my life. I was excited to have someone like him as my neighbour. He was cute from the very first day. I loved irritating him. Because I always felt connected to that house. Eva and I spent hours together there. When he came I've made a mental note to make him my man so that I'll have a bodyguard around me.

Initially it came to me as a shock when I saw him shouting at his parents for no reason. But when I learnt about Maya I couldn't help it. I took him my arms and consoled him. He was broken. And I was surprised. How can a girl dump a man like him? To calm his mind I took him to the sea face and I found myself pouring my past to him

My past. A small secret between me Amma and Appa. I had very close friends during my college days. But nobody knew my past.  I never told them but I told everything to him. I wanted him to know who I'm.. I still don't know why I did that. When I cried he hugged me. And consoled me. I felt secure in his arms. I didn't wanted to move away from his embrace.

That day when he made me wear Maya's dress for the party. I was over the moon. He wanted me to look beautiful and when he did. I was surprised. He changed me completely. I remember Tharun and his friends stuffing me with drinks that day. Even though I wasn't completely in my senses that day. I remember him carrying me to his room worrying how my parents will react when they will see me in this condition.

I kissed him that day. Our first kiss. I remember that. I couldn't help but to giggle at the memory. Morning I woke up with massive headache in his bed. I found him sleeping in the couch nearby. I coughed unknowingly and he stirred from the sleep. I pretended to sleep and he got down from the couch and walked towards me. He touched my forehead and caressed it and then covered me properly with the blanket

That moment I felt butterflies bursting in my stomach. Probably that was the moment.

He left abruptly I drifted off to sleep again. When I was back home I looked at myself in the mirror. I look gorgeous in the frock. But I soon frowned realising that it belongs to Maya. I wondered if he still loves her and clenched my fists

I was jealous! I was so jealous of her.

I wanted to erase all her memories from his head. Maya was always gorgeous in her traditional dresses. That day I grabbed an old half saree from Kavya Amma's wardrobe and she helped me to wear that. Although she couldn't believe that I wanted to try saree for the first time. Arjun Appa gave me an unbelievable look and told that I looked great. I waited for Roy to come and notice. I still laugh at that memory. He opened his mouth in surprise and was gazing at me all the while. My Palms went cold with his simple gaze.

That very evening he threw a bomb on my head. Asked me to go back to Mumbai and continue my studies. I wanted to continue my education but the thought that I have to stay away from him made a sinking feel within myself. I agreed because he wanted it.