CHAPTER 29

Ezra's POV

I woke up as my alarm clock rang, it is six in the morning, I can't stop thinking about Sofia, I know I shouldn't blame myself about what happen but I just can't stop because it is my duty to protect, I am so disappointed. After I took a long bath, I went to the balcony to drink some tea, I badly need to rest and breathe. I saw Samuel and Kian walking, they waved at me and I waved back, God, why do we need to get through this? After I finished the tea, I went outside to check the army if they are training, the students are in their classes, I wish I am just a normal student so that I can't feel this. "How are you?" Matthew asked. "I'm good, how about you?" I asked. "I wish we don't need to say we're good even if we are not." Matthew said and left me because John called him. Why do we always say we're okay even if we're really not? It's okay to not be okay. "We are going there." HM Julia said. "We?" I asked because I got confused. "Yes, including the whole army." She said. "But do you have a plan? Does our alliances know about this?" I said and she stayed quiet, I knew it, she didn't told anyone and now we are dead. "You need to tell them even if they are not going." I said. "What for?" HM Julia asked. "You know what for." I said and she answered "I'm gonna deal with it, make a plan on how we will enter the forest, ready the army." She said and then she left.

I called Samuel and Kian, I told them to come with me and we need to get ready, the army started to prepare themselves and the things we needed. While they are getting ready, I asked Samuel "Zach is your friend, right?" He nodded and whispered "Best friends." "But you two don't seem too close, what happened?" I asked, he just stayed quiet and I said "It's okay if you don't want to tell me." He looked at me and said "She can't remember me." And he forced a smile. "Can you tell me a bit about you two? I'm just curious and I don't even know Zach, I just want to know few things about her, and tell me if I'm going too far or you don't want to tell me, it's okay." I said and he released a deep breath. "Well, I am sent to protect Zach, I can't protect her if I'm not close to her so I made a move and we became friends, time passed we became best friends. I don't know Zach too back then because the didn't tell me anything about her and what moves would I make, they just said I need to protect her. That was my first mission." He said and smiled. "It was my first mission so even though I don't have any idea about her and I don't know what normal world looks like, it is really hard mission for me but I want it to be the best because I don't want to disappoint and fail them." He continued. "How did you live there? Do you have friends?" I asked out of curiosity, Samuel must been experienced a really hard time. 

"Well, HM Julia gave me everything I needed, a house, car, and a lot of things what teenagers and people in the normal world will use." He answered. "You must have a lot of friends because of that, you have everything." I said because I was amazed, imagine having everything? That is happiness. "I don't have everything, I was alone." Samuel said and looked at me, I can see the sadness in his eyes. "But I can't give up, I just kept reminding myself that it feels sad because it is my first time going on a mission, I just kept lying to myself." After he said that, he forced a smile and drank a water. "I thought you and Zach were best friends, why are you alone?" I asked. "Yes, we were. We just bond in school or different places..." He said and smiled, that is not a force smile, you can tell that he is happy going back in their memories. "We were so happy, we were. After we bond, I'm alone again in my house, but you know, I never felt alone when I am going home after we bond, because I am so happy being with her that I can't feel that I am lonely." He said and chuckled, "Why don't you tell her everything? No one will know." I said. "You already know." He said and laughed, Kian joined us. "He loves her." Kian said. "As my best friend!!!!" Samuel said and get pissed. "Why are you pissed?" I asked and the laughed. "I'm not." He said and he left. 

"Okay, review your moves!" I shouted as the army formed their formation in front of me. "You are a good leader." Kian said while smiling and pat my head. "Why did you do that? I am not a dog." I said and I stared at him. "I don't know, it just looks cute." He said and left. This damn guys always leaving me alone. While waiting, I can't stop thinking about Samuel, I wish I have a friend like him, I never felt that love. Everyone wants to be in my position because they can do what they want and have what they don't, I can feel the love of them by supporting me, but I need a love that will stays 'til the end. I need a love that understands that I am not always strong as I look like, as anyone knows. I just need someone but I am afraid to be close to someone again, I don't want to experience what happened before. It was a real tragedy and a lot of pain, I don't want to be hurt again. I just need to love myself the way I want to be loved so that I don't need others to.