CHAPTER 27

Headmistress Julia's POV

I don't know if I will believe them, it can be a set up and I don't want to risk any lives anymore and I don't want to do the same mistakes I did before, there's a part of me that I feel that I should believe them but I know that I shouldn't trust that part of me because that's my soft part and we don't need that this days, I need to be practical. "What's you plan about them and Zach, HM?" Ezra asked. I don't know Ezra, I don't know what to do now. "Maybe if you let Zach there, everything will be okay." Ezra said, I started to get confused because Ezra never left people behind. "Why did you said that? You're not like that, Ezra, and Zach and others are our people, you never left people behind, we save who we can be saved." I said. "But we need to choose what is good for our people who's here. Going there is like inviting them to join the war you started, HM." She said and I got more confused. "Ezra, they started the war, they kidnapped Zach." I said and anger started to build up inside me. I just suddenly felt like Ezra is selfish now, how can you say that to your own family? "I'm sorry, HM. It's just my opinion, but I'll support you whatever your decision is, think of it wisely." She said and left me, I look at Kian and Samuel and I can see that they are really tired. I feel like I should believe them because that's what my heart says but in this game, you don't need a heart, brain is what you need. 

I went outside and called everyone in the army, I picked three in the strongest and seven of our trainees. "You picked them for what?" Ezra asked. "They will go to the forest, they will go back if they saw the traces." I said. "We can't risk the trainees." Ezra said. "We can't risk our strongest, Ezra." I answered, because I need to make sure that if it's a trap, we won't lose the important ones. "But you are leading them to a suicide." Ezra said, I can feel that she's angry but she only said that to me by whispering. "You need to be fair, right now I don't know if hydras are the problem." Ezra said and left me. My decision is final, and no one can change that. She stopped walking and said "If our trainees are gonna die, remember that you are the one who sent them there, the blood is on you." She walked away without looking back. I looked at the trainees and I can see that they are scared, but there's no other choice. "There's no reason to be scared, this is just like the training you did, fight with the monsters." I said. "What are we dealing here?" Matthew said, he is one of the strongest. "Hydras." I said. "Kian and Samuel are going with you, they know the way, look for the marks on the trees, don't trust them, they may lead you to trap." I continued. "But you're leading us to suicide, we don't even know why we need to go there." Raven said, she's one of the strongest too. "Listen, you just need to go there and tell me what you saw and tell me if there are markings on the trees. You will leave this midnight." I said. "Why midnight?" They asked. "To see if it's a trap, hydras shows at midnight." I answered.

Kian's POV

It's time, they didn't unchain us, "How do we able to defend ourselves if you won't unchain us?" I said. They are really dumb, they want us dead. "I can accept it that you are not trusting us, but if we die because we can't protect ourselves, it's your fault, HM." I said and took a deep breath. "You don't need to worry defending yourselves if you are telling the truth." HM said, did I heard it right? I can't do anything but to be pissed. "Well, hydras are not dumb if you don't know, they know we are coming back and of course they will secure the whole field." Samuel said calmly, but knowing Samuel, I know he's pissed deep inside. "No, now leave." HM answered. "Is this really you? Seems like you're not with us, HM. It's obvious that you want us dead." I said and smirked. Damn, this is not right. She smiled at us and said "I know you can do it, my trust is in your hands." She said. "And if we die, our blood is in your hands." I said and went outside. I can't really believe that she's gonna send us both to the forest with this freaking chain where we can't use our freaking roux, damn it. Samuel went outside too and we just both sighed, we're dead. "Let's go." Raven said and we all went inside the rover, it is a vehicle like a jeep and we saw Ezra in the driver's seat. "You're going with us?" Samuel asked. "What do you think?" She said and started to drive. "Why? Did HM knew about this?" Raven said. "No, but I will never let my army go to a suicide mission without me, it's selfish." Ezra said and I can see to the trainees eyes how relieved they are. "I'm glad you are the leader." John said. He is one of the strongest that is with us. Ezra just continue to drive until we arrived at the front of the forest where we went out earlier. We went outside the rover and Ezra unchained us. "I still don't trust you." Ezra said and started to walk inside the forest. "Use all your senses here, hydras are stronger when it's dark." I said. "Where did you saw the markings?" Ezra asked and gave every one of us a night vision. "It is fading when time passes, but here you go." Samuel said and showed us the marks. "How many trees have these markings?" Raven asked. "We didn't count it." I said and chuckled, I don't know, it is just funny for me because who counts trees? "Okay, put markings on the trees that we passed through." Ezra said, we started to walk and then one of the trainees shouted.