CHAPTER 20

Zachary's POV

"I don't know why you need me, Joaquin. I'm not strong as you think, I'm not the one you really need." I said. "No, Zar. I know you're the right person for this." He said and smirked. "Don't you dare call me Zar again." I answered. Joaquin is my best friend in the normal or mortal world, we are best buddies and I never expect that our memories and everything is not real, he used me. He's the coldest but the sweetest guy I've ever known in my life, he always wants the best for me, supported me in everything I want, he stayed when no one did, loved me when I needed it, and it hurts me that everything was just a show. Damn, Joaquin. "Do you miss the good old days, Zar?" Yes, badly. "No." I said while trying not to cry. "You're still soft, bad at hiding feelings." He said. He knows me better than I know myself. "You should recall all your memories and good old days, because those good days are ending now, it's the end, Zar." He said and started to walked away. I was just looking in the floor, I don't want him to see me having a teary eyes, but a blood dropped. I checked my face and it came from my nose, not again. 

"Joaquin." The guy shouted. "What do you want, Shaw?" Joaquin answered while walking. "Zachary is having a nose bleed." Shaw said, I don't know but I feel like Joaquin seems nice to Shaw. When Shaw said that, Joaquin stopped, and I started to see worries in his eyes, eyes can't lie. "Bring her to clinic! Find what's wrong, that can't be." Joaquin answered, I don't know why he's suddenly like that, but it's just a nose bleed. Shaw and the two hydras assist me to the clinic. "Why did he act like that?" I asked Shaw. "You're important." He said. "Important for what?" I asked again. "You'll know soon." He answered and left me with the famies. I don't know if they call them like that in this place, but they look scary, those thick eyeliners and thick hair, they're tall, some are skinny, some are thick. It's scary to look at their eyes with eyeliners smudged on their face, it looks like they cried but I think it's a style. But even though the eyeliners looks like that, they still look clean and dangerous at the same time.

They have a high technology too, the surroundings are mix modern and old school design, but everything is in color white. The girl let me sit in the bed and ask me what I feel, should I say angry? Pissed? "Nothing." I answered. "There's nothing wrong with her, I think it's just because she's stress." The girl said, they turned their back at me, I grabbed the scissor in the table and stabbed the girl in the neck, I can't think of other move to escape, she faced me and then slapped me hard, I thought she'll be dead, I ran towards the two hydras that assisted me earlier and said the girl tried to kill me, "Check the girl, I'll stay with Zach." The guy said, when the guy is far from us, I tried to stab the guy who's with me with the scalpel I grabbed in the table but he's fast, he punched me on my stomach saying "You bitch!". He quickly tied my hands, "I'm not a prisoner." I said. "You think?" He said and laughed, the other guy came back and said the girl who checked me is dead, I just fucking killed a person.

"Are you a killer now, Zar?" Joaquin said, I am not a killer, they made me do it, if it's not because of them I won't kill a person, it's not my fault. "Now you can't answer me!" Joaquin shouted and I just looked at him with fears, I am not a killer. "Why does is matter to you? You killed a lot of people before, don't you?" I answered that because I am not a killer, they killed a lot, I just accidentally killed one, I am not a killer. "What do you know, Zar?" He said with his cold voice, "You know nothing." He whispered. "Yes! I know nothing and it kills me!" I shouted and tears started falling into my eyes. "Your curiosity will kill you, it's better that you know nothing, that's better, trust me.", "I trusted you before." I said and walk back into the cage. "What happened, Zach?" Kian asked, "Nothing." I answered. I just can't imagine that I killed a person, I can't imagine I would ever do that, I never expected that. I don't know who am I anymore, I don't know why this things need to happen. I can feel the pain in my heart, I know I did something wrong, God forgive me. 

I suddenly felt guilt, it is not their fault, I was just blaming them because I can't accept it, It's my fault, I should've think of another way to escape and not kill her, I am not a killer, I am not. "Hey, Kian." "What?" He answered. "Is it normal here in this world to kill people?" I asked. "Did they killed someone?" Kian asked back. "No, I just asked." I answered and became very nervous and I started to sweat really bad. "It's never normal to kill a person, Zach. It's not right to take other people's lives, it is sin. It is madness." Kian said. I just remain silent, because even if i don't like what I did, it really happened. "Rest, Zach." He said. How can I rest if I can't even stop thinking? How can I rest if I just killed a person? If I just took the life of someone's daughter. How can I rest if every time I close my eyes, I can see her face. How can I rest when I destroyed my own peace?