CHAPTER 28

Kian's POV

When one of the trainees shouted, Ezra said "Make a light!" I grabbed the backpack that the trainees have and get the lighter inside, I light up the dry leaves and we can see our surroundings, we can hear footsteps around us, they are just fast, "Don't move back, try to run outside the forest!" Samuel shouted because we are surrounded by his wind to protect us, it made the fire off so we used the flashlights that we have. "How do we save Sofia?" Ezra said, "Attack!" Raven said and I removed the wind protecting us. We fought hydras, they are a lot, I knew it, they are waiting for us. "This is not a normal hydras, we need your wind, Samuel!" John shouted, "What are they?" I asked. "I don't know, I saw them slowly eating Sofia's body parts." Monty said, he is one of the trainees. "Is she alive?" Ezra asked. "No, she lose a lot of blood and we can't save her." He answered. I saw Monty cried and I told them to move back, we ran and went back to the rover and Ezra drove fast so that those weird hydras can't eat us too. "I never saw those hydras." I said. "They are familiar to me." Samuel said and I can see that he's taking too deep. "What are those?" Matthew asked. "They are the one who ran after us in the tunnel." Samuel said. "But I never saw any articles and books about hydras eating people." Ezra said. 

"You saw the markings, is that enough evidence for you to trust us both?" I asked Ezra. "Yes but what do we do now? We lost one of our people." Ezra said and I can feel the disappointment in her voice. "We need to make them pay." Monty said. "You want a revenge?" John asked and Monty nodded "That's not the reason why we came here, that's not what we're up to, we need to save people, not to start a war." Raven said. "This is HM's fault." Nathalie said and cried, she is one of the trainees, Sofia's best friend. "This is not the time to blame someone. Let this be the lesson for us, let's not waste our time blaming each other, let's save who can still be saved." Samuel said and the rest agreed except for Nathalie and Monty. "So we don't have the right to grieve for our friend?" Nathalie said. "That's not what Samuel said, let's just try to avoid someone die again because of the hydras." Ezra said and Monty comforted Nathalie. "Do yo want to rest first and not go with us in the forest later?" I asked but she said "No, I want revenge and I will do that." And I can hear the sadness and anger in her voice. "Anger is dangerous, Nathalie. It will destroy not just your surroundings, but yourself too." Matthew said. He's right. "Anger can't do anything, you're just destroying yourself." Raven said. "Breathe." John said. 

"Do that, it is an advice from our strongest human in the army." I said and chuckled. They just looked at me and didn't even laugh. I saw Samuel sighed. "I am funny, right?" I said and I saw raven forced a smile and Matthew said "You need a rest." And I just stayed quiet. After a few minutes, we arrived safely at the kingdom, We saw HM Julia standing near the gate "I didn't expect you are gonna come back early." HM said. "And you are also with them, Ezra? You did not told me." She said and got confused. "As you said, I never left people behind. And I won't let them go to mission especially in a suicide mission." Ezra said and stayed fierce, this girl is on fire. "Any good news?" HM said, she did not even asked us if we're okay, damn. "You got Sofia killed." Nathalie said, you go girl. "Okay, what else? What about the marks?" HM continued, she did not even cared. "We saw it, but we've been attacked." Ezra said. "What about Sofia? You are not gonna do something about that?" I asked, I cannot stay quiet anymore, one of our people died and she will act that she don't even care about that, damn, this is wrong. "I'm sad about what happened, I'm gonna talk to Sofia's parents but for now, we save who can be saved. We can't waste time and let our people die in that damn kingdom." HM said and I realized that she's right, we cannot let that happen again. "Rest, and we will plan our move when the sun rises." HM said and left us.

"Ezra, you're just gonna let that happen? She didn't even cared about Sofia!" Nathalie said, I understand she is angry but I understand why HM Julia is like that, there are people to save in the kingdom. "Nathalie, we have our own point of view, we have our own feelings, we have our own works. If you can't understand why HM is like that, just let her. You can rest and not go with us if you want to. Rest now, people, we have a lot of works to do tomorrow." Ezra said, I can hear that she is tired and disappointed, I understand why she is like that also, she is sad because she think that she didn't do her work, it is to "protect her own people". "We will be okay." Samuel said to Ezra and patted her shoulders, yes that is a big help, my friend. "Let's rest." Samuel said and we walk to our teamwany. "What do you think will happen tomorrow?" I asked. "I don't have an idea, but let it happen, let's just make things right." Samuel said and smiled at me. "You are always a good comforter, Sam. Do you think Zach is okay right now?" I asked and suddenly the smile on his face vanished. "I don't know, let's hope she is." He answered and we laid down in our own bed and rested.