Chapter twenty-four

My birthday was an occasion that my special red dress was made for. So I put it on and curled my hair once again and fixed my makeup.

"You look hot, you're definitely gonna get some tonight," Maggie remarked. She was standing in my bedroom doorway, watching me put one of my earrings in.

"Well, that's definitely the goal," I replied rolling my eyes at her. 

"Is John good in bed?" She asked smirking. I knew she just wanted a reaction out of me, but I didn't care. 

"MAGGIE!" I exclaimed. I picked up a pillow from the floor and threw it at her. She walked away still laughing.

There was a knock at the door and Maggie went to get it. Soon I heard John talking to Maggie. I came out into the room and John's attention went from Maggie to me. He looked at me in awe.

"I'm sorry I wear this dress so often but I just love it too much to-"

"I'll never get tired of it, never ever." He replied. He handed me the flowers he was holding.

"These are beautiful, thank you so much," I responded before I took in their scent. Maggie took them from me and put them in a vase.

"Well, we better getting going if we want to make our reservations." He said and I nodded. I grabbed my purse from my room. I took his hand and we were off. 

Let's just say I did get some that night.

My birthday party rolled around. John, Freddie, and Maggie were in charge of planning it. They got me a cake with a paintbrush on it.

Happy 20th Nina!  Was written on it. I was very happy with it. I did tease them about taking inspiration from the party I threw for John. They admitted they did. But I could care less. I was so grateful that I had people in my life that cared about me enough to go to this extent. 

Brian, Hazel, and Harmony got me a scarf. Roger, Freddie, and Mary got me a nice new brown coat. Amber came and give me new strings for my guitar and guitar picks. We joked that she just got me those items because she got them at a discount. Maggie gave me a new purse she found at Biba and thought I would like.

She was right. And again the joke of a discount came into play. 

Then John handed me his present. I unwrapped it. I stared at it.

It was a book of all the pictures John had taken of me with the camera I had gotten him for his birthday.

"John this is amazing." I almost tearing up. As I looked through the book I realized that half of the pictures I didn't even know he took.

"I also got you these." He told me handing me another box. I opened it and it revealed new bass strings. "I guess Amber and I had the same idea."

Amber chuckled.

"You got these at discount too didn't you?" I laughed.

"Maybe..." He said chucking as he picked up a tiny wrapped box.

"John three gifts-"

"Just open it."

I did as he told me and gasped at the sight of the necklace.

It was a silver necklace with a music note attached to it.

"I know I got you a paint brush bracelet for your graduation so I thought I'd get a necklace to go along with it."

I just stared at John.

"Nina's literally giving John heart eyes right now." Roger chuckled. Everyone laughed. I blushed.