Chapter twenty-five

I found out from my boss if I ever wanted to move higher at Biba I would have to go back to uni for another degree. He said that it was going to be the same everywhere else. The standards for my field had gone up. So instead of having loads of money because I had two jobs, I was saving money for college. I totally did think I was done. I had finished college early and thought I was finally free from early classes and all-nighters. But if I didn't want to stay in a dead-end job my whole life, I was going to have to go back. 

It didn't make sense. I could learn way more from working at Biba than I would if I back to school. And I get paid to be at Biba. I didn't have to go into more debt working at Biba. 

Things were changing. Freddie had moved in with Mary, leaving Roger alone without his best friend. Roger kept himself together as much as he could when Freddie was packing up boxes but I could tell he was upset. They had lived together for such a long time, it would be hard not to be sad. Freddie was sad but he knew that he was going to enjoy living with Mary. I think it was going to be good for the two of them. 

My sister called after awhile from not hearing from her to say that Dave and Stacey were getting married. I couldn't say that I was surprised. I saw the way they acted around each other. They truly were in love. But I did have to say it was fast. They had been only dating for a little over a year. My sister seemed like she was too quiet. She had been for the last few phone calls. When I asked her if there was anything else she wanted to tell me she made up an excuse and ended the phone call.

But I didn't have that much time to think about it. I had way too much on my plate to deal with. I didn't think my sister was keeping something from me. She hardly ever did that. The last thing she kept from me was her feelings of when I left home. And we all know how that turned out. I didn't think she would do something like that again.

Queen was still trying to sign with someone. Freddie even brought me along to some of the record label meetings but they never let me in, even when Freddie tried to reason with them. Apparently being the bassist's girlfriend and best friend to the guys wasn't enough. I would sit and read through all the magazines in the lobby. Or sometimes I would hardly even get through my first magazine and the meeting would be over. 

"Freddie's really getting bummed out." John sighed as I sat on his lap in his flat. 

"I know. But I know you guys will find someone, all these labels are too stupid to recognize your talent, but they will." I responded. 

"I'm okay if we don't you know? I mean it's pretty hard to make it as a rockstar. What are the chances to even get a record deal? I think we are reaching too high if I'm honest." He said as he played with my hair. 

"Oh, John you are so negative." I laughed.

"I'm just thinking realistically Nen," He laughed back.

"Well you know Freddie, he's always optimistic. He goes after what he wants. He thinks positively. Maybe you could learn something from him." I chuckled as he rolled his eyes. A big smile was spread across his face.

"You're right love, I could. Can we stop hating on me and maybe give Deaky some loving instead?"

I burst out laughing. 

"Awww is Deaky getting his feelings hurt?"

"No, he just wants some affection is all." He replied pretending to pout. 

"Awww," I said as I kissed his cheek. "Is that better?"

"A little more?" He said as a smirk came across his face. 

"I mean if you say so." I chuckled as we got up to go to his room. 

"You should hate on me more often." He joked. 

A Killer Queen (John Deacon)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें