Chapter thirty-five

I watched from the side of the stage as my boys rocked the house. Maggie was grabbing onto my arm out of shock. Mary and Harmony were on the other side of the stage. We would occasionally give each other looks in response to what was happening on stage.

I was right, John lost all his nerves just as he always did and was giving it his all. And Freddie, wow, he was just something out of another world.

I couldn't help the few tears that slipped from my eyes. Unlike the ones lately, these were happy tears.

John turned to look at me while playing and gave me the biggest smile. I returned one. We held our eye contact until he had to look away.

"I'm so proud of them," Maggie said shaking her head. "I can't believe our best friends are opening for Mott the Hoople."

"It feels like just yesterday you were booing them from just pubs." I sighed.

"How time flies." She responded and then we both started laughing.

I couldn't help but stare at my boyfriend, he was so hot under those lights and the makeup, the outfit, the shoes, the way he moved his fingers on the strings, everything. Oh, I wanted him bad. Very bad.

"Oh my gosh, Nina you are practically drooling."

"Can't help it, Mag, not when my boyfriend is literally the hottest man on the planet."

She went to say something but then stopped herself. I leaned out a bit out to see the crowd and they seemed to be really into it and enjoying it.

I was worried, not because Queen wasn't talented, no that wasn't it at all. I just knew from experience people just want the opening act to be over so they can get to the stuff they paid for. Sometimes the opening act really surprised you and that was just what was happening.

Freddie turned in looked in my direction. I gave him a smile and two thumbs up. He grinned widely at me.

Soon the set was over and the crowd cheered. The first stop on the tour was a success. The boys came off all sweaty and gross, but there I was crying like a baby. I grabbed onto Freddie and held on, crying into his shoulder.

"I'm so... so proud of you." I cried as he patted my back.

"Thank you, darling." He said in a serious tone.

I let go slowly and looked into his eyes, Mary interrupted us to hug Freddie. I happily walked away to let them have their moment. I turned to see John rubbing his face with a towel against the wall. One of our roadies came and took his bass away.

I took the towel from his hands and began taping his face lightly with it.

"What did I tell you? Wasn't I right?" I whispered into his ear. He nodded slowly.

"You were right, I just get so nervous and it's hard to talk myself down." He responded as I put the towel around his neck.

"I know," I replied placing my hand on his cheek, I moved my thumb back and forth on his skin. "But just know how proud of you I am. You didn't freak out, you went out there and gave it your all, and you looked so sexy out there."

He raised his eyebrow before I connected my lips to his. I felt him smile through the kiss. I pushed him slightly up against the wall as he wrapped his hands around my waist. The kiss was a passionate one, making me want more.

"Damn you guys are already into the rock and roll lifestyle!"

John and I broke apart to find Ian Hunter from Mott the Hoople standing there. A huge smile spread across his face. He had one of his roadies getting his microphone ready.