Chapter two

I was sitting on my couch reading a magazine when the door burst open. It caused Maggie to drop a pan of cookies she was making, giving me quite a scare.

Freddie pranced into our flat, wearing a brown winter jacket and black pants. He took off his jacket quickly, revealing a red long-sleeved shirt.

He was jumping for joy. Freddie was usually quite a happy person, but this was like, well, extra. Something must have happened.

"Nina!" He exclaimed and picked me up and spun me around, causing me to drop my magazine.

"Freddie!" I screamed laughing. My hair got flown into my eyes. He set me down, jumping up and down excitedly.

"What is it, Fred?" I laughed sitting back down. He sat down next to me, smiling ear to ear. "What?" I laughed.

"You were right! You were right Nina!"

"I mean I know I am but what about?" I asked sitting up. Freddie laughed and smiled widely. He looked as if this information was bubbling up inside of him, and if he didn't share it soon he would, indeed, explode.

"After our long search, we finally found a bassist!"

"You did?!" I said gripping onto his shoulder.

"Yes! He's got it all! He has the personality we've been looking for and he can play! He was like sent to us from God! That's the only explanation!" He said excitedly.

"What's his name?" I asked laughing, I was intrigued.

"John Deacon. He's just 19 darling, like you actually! But man he can play! He came in SO nervous. Roger and I looked at each other thinking things were about to go south, but the minute he started playing, WOW. He was like a different person! The shyness was gone! And he can play like you wouldn't believe. So after the audition, we took him out for coffee and he was the shyest thing again, but he had some very interesting things to say. So after he left we decided we'd try him out."

"And what happens if it turns out he isn't the right fit?" I questioned concerned for a selfish reason.

"Then you're learning bass darling."

I know noticed Maggie leaning on the couch.

"Freddie you're helping me make new cookies." She said glaring.

"Yes, ma'am." He said laughing and they both went into the kitchen.

I prayed that this John Deacon would be a good fit for Queen, or I was in trouble.

My prayers were answered.

The following weeks went by in a breeze, consisting of Roger Taylor slowly taking a cookie from our flat without us noticing until they were all mysteriously gone. Maggie was not happy, let's just say that.

As for the band, John Deacon seemed to be a perfect fit for the verity of clashing personalities in Queen. Freddie was beaming every time I saw him. Finally, the search for a bassist was over and Roger didn't have to yell at Freddie to learn bass anymore.

"I'M A SINGER NOT A BASSIST TAYLOR."

"WELL WHAT CHOICE DO WE HAVE FOR RIGHT NOW FREDDIE, NINA WON'T DO IT."

And I wouldn't do it. Not a chance. I was fine to be with the band's crowd with Mary and Roger's girlfriend (whoever that was at the time) but besides that I'm good. I write music, I don't perform it. Well, I do, but only for myself. Freddie said that I was selfish to keep all this talent to myself, that the world should have the pleasure of it, but I just shook my head.

It was about a little less than three weeks since John Deacon had been found and I had yet to meet him. I heard on and on about him from Freddie but that was it.