Chapter forty-seven

The Friday night before the concert I was out with the gang at a disco. My brothers wouldn't be arriving until Saturday morning because Tom had a flat tire and they all wanted to arrive together.

I didn't mind, it meant we got to go out. I hadn't been out in what felt like forever. I was always busy, working.

Yay.

John had gone to the bar to get us some drinks. I was heading to the bathroom and caught a girl walking over to him.

She was a blonde tall girl, way taller than me. She was wearing a black dress with heels to match. Her straight blonde hair fell at her sides as she put her hand on my boyfriend's shoulder.

I stopped walking and bent down behind a fake plant to watch.

"Hey." She smirked causing him to turn. He gave her a polite smile.

"Ummm... hello." He replied turning away from her to see what the bartender was doing. She ran her hand down to his arm. This movement caused him to turn around fast, this time not smiling.

"What brings you here stud?" She asked as she let go of him. "Looking for some fun?!"

His face was blushing, heavily. I could tell he was embarrassed and anxious. Someone who didn't know him couldn't tell but I, his girlfriend of three years, could easily tell.

He wanted her gone.

"I have a girlfriend." He replied looking away from her, but she wasn't giving up that easily.

"I don't see her anywhere around." She responded. "You're very handsome. What's a handsome lad like you doing all on his own?"

"I'm not alone, I'm getting a drink for my girl." He said getting annoyed.

My girl. My heart fluttered.

"Again, I don't see her anywhere around, why don't you and I get out of here and have some fun?"

"No thank you." He responded. "Please I'm not interested."

"Come on don't be like that." She said placing her hand on his shoulder.

That was it. I made my way over to them. I crossed my arms in anger.

"Turn around," I demanded and they both did. "Oh look here I am. Take your hand off my boyfriend's shoulder."

"I don't see nothing but a slut." She replied clearly happy with her response. She ran her hand up John's arm, smirking at me.

"Hey that is no way to talk to her-" John demanded.

"What's going on?" Maggie asked coming to my side.

"This woman is hitting on John even though he clearly said no multiple times."

"HE SAID NO LADY KEEP WALKING!"

"She called me a slut." I told her and she looked at me in awe.

"If anyone's a slut here it's you!" She yelled pointing at her. "Who apparently can't take no for an answer!" Maggie told her. The woman scoffed and disappeared into the crowd.

"See the whole thing didn't you?" John asked as the bartender finally got him our drinks.

"How did you know?!" I questioned surprised. He started to laugh as he handed me my drink.

"About halfway through the interaction, I saw the fake plant move, and then noticed a very Nina-like figure behind it."

My brothers and their wives arrived the following morning, they came over just as John and I were making breakfast. We had to be at the event for a soundcheck at ten. I would be going first around nine-thirty to get there before Queen does.