Chapter fifty-three

The early morning was dark, I could barely see the objects in my room. But luckily, I knew my room so well I could walk it with my eyes closed.

I felt for the knob on the closest. I twisted it slowly, not wanting anyone to hear. I opened it and grabbed the last bag of my clothes. I swung the bag around my body and carefully closed the door.

I froze as I thought I heard footsteps. Thankfully it turned out to be nothing.

I could see my Beatles poster faintly as my eyes adjusted to the darkness. I had debated taking it with me but I knew my sister would be sad without it there, where it's always been.

"Please don't go," My sister whimpered. I could see her silhouette in the darkness. She turned the lamp on. I walked quietly over to her, sitting on her bed.

"You know I've got to," I said pushing some of the hair out of her eyes. "This is just something I've got to do."

She started to cry.

"Hey," I said placing my hand on her cheek. "It's going to be okay, I promise you."

She nodded as I wiped up some of her tears with my sleeve.

"Okay," She breathed.

"And if you need me, ring me, you know I will always be there for you."

She nodded again and hugged me. I started to cry thinking about how I wasn't going to see her every day.

"It's going to be okay," I whispered for her and for reassurance for myself. "I love you."

"I love you too." She cried.

I gathered my final things and snuck out my bedroom window. I made my way to the woods part of our property where I had parked the car.

Tom let me borrow his car for the trip, he would be going to London later in the week to fetch it with a few friends.

I threw my bag into the backseat, just fitting it in with all of my belongings. The whole car was filled to the brim with everything I felt I needed to take.

The sun rose as I drove on the motorway. There weren't that many cars on the road yet. The sun was breathtaking. The way the orange light hit my stirring wheel, the road, everything. I wished I could have taken a picture of it.

California Dreamin' was on the radio at the time, one of my favorite songs.

The sun rising to me was representing a new beginning. I wouldn't have to answer my parents anymore and they wouldn't affect me.

Boy was I wrong.

I had stayed the entire night at the hospital. Sam slept on the couch while I fought to keep my eyes open the entire night.

My heavy eyes stared out the window as the orange rays of the sun peeked into the room. It was so beautiful, the pink sky, the clouds, the sun, everything. It reminded me of the day I left for London.

I think I even smiled for a second.

A few hours later Sam and I made our way to the lobby and there we were greeted by our brothers. We all walked to the cafeteria and ate the gross food they had to offer.

When we came up to John's room my mother was standing next to his bed. She was looking down at him.

Panic filled my body.

"GET... get... GET away from him!" I yelled causing her to look at me. Tom put his arms around me. "She's gonna hurt him!"

"Mum what are you doing here?" Dave sighed. "She clearly doesn't want you here. After what dad did to him I can't blame her-"