Chapter thirty-two

"You agreed to it John, I don't get exactly why you are upset. I even remember saying I didn't agree with it." I said. Freddie gave me a look. "What? He's my boyfriend, I like his name the way it is." 

"Yeah, it makes you sound more interesting." Roger grinned turning to John, who was leaning against the control panel in the studio. He was frustrated.

"Oh yeah like your names are something special," I responded crossing my arms.  Roger whipped his head around to face me. 

"What's that suppose to mean?" Roger replied offended. 

"Brian May, Roger Taylor? Snoozefest. If anything I think Roger's should have been the one to have changed. He has two first names!" I yelled.

Queen was working on their second album. John had decided to bring up his discomfort with how his name had been printed on their previous album. 

I remember he didn't really seem to care when Freddie first proposed the idea. But now that the album was actually out, and his new name was officially Deacon John, he didn't like it.

"TWO FIRST NAMES-" Roger yelled. 

"You do-" Freddie laughed. "And so does Brian."

Brian and Roger exchanged looks.

"No, no she's got a point," Brian said.

"Which is why I put my middle name in as well! Does no one remember that?!" Roger exclaimed.

"Yeah, that made it look like you were trying too hard," I responded.

"Anyway!" John interrupted. "On the next album, I want my normal name back. Okay?! I don't want people coming up to me on the street saying hi Deacon John!"

Freddie was on the floor laughing.

"Who would ever come up to you on the street? You are really stretching here Deaks." Roger said before taking a sip of his coffee.

Freddie really lost it at that point.

"NO MORE DEACON JOHN, END OF DISCUSSION," John yelled and stormed out the room. I then fell on the floor next to Freddie. I had been keeping my laughs in. I was letting them fly now.

"Dave and Stacey's wedding is next week." I sighed sitting down my plate at the kitchen table. 

"Are you wanting me to go? Cause I honestly don't know if I can."

"Why not?"

"Because my mum and dad are having some big family reunion that weekend. I can try to get out of it though."

"No, I couldn't ask you to do that," I responded shaking my head. I took a bite of my food. "Maybe it's time."

"What do you mean?"

"Time I expose John to my family. All I want to do is protect him. I know what they are going to do to him. But..." I sighed. "I can't hide him from them forever, and I can't hide them from him."

"Maybe Mary could go with you."

"Oh gosh no I couldn't bother Mary with this, she's got enough on her plate. I mean John and I have been dating for two years..."

"I think it may be time," Maggie said and I nodded.

"I think it just may be."

I sat John down on my couch.

"So I want you to come with me to my brother's wedding."

"You do?" He asked surprised. "What about-"