Chapter forty-five

"I was so mad I couldn't make it to see the interview for 'music life'. I was at my stupid job. How did it go? It's a Japan magazine right?" I asked Freddie as I sat next to him at our old college hangout. We were walking past it and just were overcome with the urge to go in.

There was a lounge area off the restaurant area. This is where he used to help me with my assignments. 

The waitress came over and we both ordered tea. I could see she was staring at my swollen eyes and very wrapped up nose. 

My nose was healing but slowly. It had been six days since it happened and the swelling was starting to go down. But it was still pretty noticeable. My fingers were doing better too, I could move them slowly. Which was much improvement from not being able to move them at all without intense pain. 

"Apparently we are big in Japan!" Freddie told me excitedly. "They rang our management and wanted to interview us as soon as possible! They even took pictures of us!"

"Really? Oh my gosh Freddie that's great!" I replied wrapping my arms around him. "Do you have the pictures?"

"Norman is trying to get a copy of them. But once I get them I will definitely show you!"

Norman was their manager, he was a nice enough guy but I guess I didn't like him that much. I felt bad for the guys, they were doing all this work and were still struggling to pay rent. If it wasn't for me, John would probably have to get a second job. And when would he have time for that? He's always working either at the studio or in meetings etc.

"Okay, I can't wait! How is Brian doing?"

"His mum, dad, and Harmony are taking care of him. Apparently, he's feeling a little better but definitely not enough to come back to the studio. He seemed to be very bummed out that he couldn't do the interview with us."

"I bet. I mean he's been pretty much left out for a month now. I can tell every time we talk to him he's very angry and upset."

"I know." Freddie sighed as the waitress handed him his tea. "Thank you, darling." He told the waitress before turning back to me. "We all feel so bad."

She handed me my tea.

"Thank you." I smiled and she smiled back, still staring at my face. But soon she finally walked away. "Does my face really look that bad? I mean could you imagine if I took the wrap off."

He rose his hand up to my face and peeled back the bandage.

"Oh yeah for sure." He replied quickly putting the wrapping back up. "To me, it doesn't look that bad because I'm used to it but I guess it's shocking for other people. I mean I thought the swelling in your eyes would have gone down more but it's taking its sweet time. Have you heard from Tom yet?"

"Yeah, he rang last night to check on me," I told him before taking a sip of my tea. "He told me he hadn't talked to Sam yet but he's noticed a shift in my mum just like I said."

"You think she's finally realizing what a terrible mother she is?" He asked getting excited. "And then you can do a big I told you so?!"

"I don't think that will ever happen Fred." I laughed. "But she did kiss me in the hospital."

"I remember you telling me that. Maybe Anne is finally getting her head out of her arse."

"Maybe." I chuckled. "But I doubt it. It's just a fluke. It will go away soon."

"How did your dad take the whole thing?"

"Well, he doesn't know my mum had anything to do with it so it's just 'Nina ruined another good thing'. Yeah, I ruined my sister getting hurt every day... terrible of me."