Chapter sixty-eight

"All the locks have been installed and are ready to go," I told my mum as John got ready to leave.  "If anyone tries to get in it will take them a long time and we will definitely hear it."

My mum nodded, seeming to be somewhere else than the present moment. John came down the steps trying to get his bangs out of his face.

"I'm gonna need a haircut soon," He said.

"Agreed," I laughed pushing his bangs out of his eyes. 

"It's gone mad love, it's way too overgrown."

"It's not that bad."

"Of course, you'd say that, you'd love my hair no matter what."

"Except if you ever cut it-"

"You'll never forgive me?"

"Exactly." I smiled. 

John laughed and rolled his eyes. 

"See you in a few days?" 

"You know it." He responded. I embraced him. 

"It's just a few days my love,"

"I know," I breathed. "But it's always hard."

"I know." 

He pressed his lips to mine. It was a short but very loving kiss. 

"I love you," I muttered.

"I love you too, ring me anytime day or night, it doesn't matter if you need anything or-"

"I know Deaky... I know."

He grinned and nodded. He turned to my mother.

"Thank you so much for everything Ms. Albright," John said going over to my mum. 

"You are welcome, have safe travels home."

My mum hugged John taking him by complete surprise.  Soon John wrapped his arms around her slowly. She whispered something to him I couldn't quite make out. John let go and looked at her. He was beaming. 

"Of course." He replied. John made his way to the front door. He looked back at me with such love in his eyes. 

"Bye, love."

"Bye."

He grinned and left. A few seconds later I told my mum I forgot to tell him something and made my way outside. 

"John!" I called as he was getting in the car. He stopped and stood back up. "What did my mum whisper to you?"

John grinned again, clearly getting emotional. 

"She... she thanked me."

"Thanked you?"

"Yeah... she thanked me for being so good to her daughter. For being there for you and loving you."

I started to cry.

"Really?"

"Mhm."

I grabbed him and pulled him into my arms, crying more tears of joy. 

"You deserved to hear that for so long."

I pulled away and kissed him, going into a more deep and more passionate kiss. 

"I fucking love you and I'm so happy my mum does too now." I cried. "I'm so happy she sees what I see now. What an amazing person you are."

A single tear ran down John's cheek but he was smiling. 

"I love you too. More than you will ever know."

I gave him one more kiss before letting him go. Soon he was gone. He was driving back to London to pick up our son.