Chapter six

"Her father was taken back by me let's just say that," Freddie told me looking through the clothes rack.

"Well, usually most people are," I said teasing him. He stuck his tongue out at me before returning his focus to the clothes.

"I'm just upset I missed the whole sink incident." He said sadly, pulling a shirt from the mess of clothes.

"Oh, it was quite a show," I told him shaking my head. "John ended up fixing it though. I don't know how, but eventually, the water stopped spraying." Freddie just laughed. Covering his mouth slightly. I know why he did this. To cover his teeth. He was in public, and people always gave him a hard time about his teeth. So when he laughed he always covered them. But when we were in private, he would laugh like crazy without even thinking about it. My heart ached for him. Usually, when someone commented on his teeth I would be the one to fire back with an insult. Usually, they would just walk away then.

We were walking down the street. People were everywhere. It was a Saturday and the shops were busy as ever.

I was carrying three shopping bags in one hand and my purse in the other. And we weren't even halfway done.

I looked over at Freddie, the way the sunlight hit his long hair and face. He looked so beautiful. He looked over at me and smiled. I smiled back.

We entered another shop and got to it. Soon I had sat down next to the dressing room while Freddie tried things on. I didn't find anything really that appealed to me.

"These pants are too long darling," Freddie said in frustration.

"Maybe you could roll them up? Or tuck them into boots or something? I mean besides them being a tad too long they look good on you. Are you sure they don't have any other size?"

"The size down was too tight and short. They must run weirdly." He responded. I motioned with my finger to have him spin around and he did. The shiny black pants looked great on him and it would be a shame for him to have to give them up because they were too long.

"I say just to get them, Fred, they look great and I'm sure if anyone can make them work it's you,"

"You're right darling."

"Of course I am. When am I ever wrong?"

We left about twenty minutes later with two more bags. We entered Beba and exhaustedly collapsed in the dressing room area.

"Having fun you two?" Mary asked appearing suddenly.

"We still have more shops to hit," I responded tiredly as she gave Freddie a peck on the cheek.

"But we are finding all sorts of good stuff," Freddie added.

"Well, that's good." She responded sitting down next to Freddie.

"So did your dad approve of Freddie?" I asked turning to Mary. Freddie and Mary exchanged looks and laughed.

"He was shocked but he'll come around to him," Mary responded still laughing. Freddie turned to her and she pressed her nose to his.

The way they flirted with each other made me kind of jealous. But I just smiled and got up to find the restroom.

We hit a few more stores then headed back to Fred's.

The minute we got back to Fred's flat we both face planted into the couch.

"Long day?" Roger asked who was watching the telly.

"Mhmm," I responded and he just laughed.

After taking a nap on the couch (the both of us, spread out on each other) we had some tea at their tiny kitchen table.