Chapter nineteen

"You know what Fred?" I asked hanging upside down off of his couch.

"What?" He asked laughing. I turned my head to see him opening his window. It was a bit stuffy in here. It was a rather hot day today.

"I love you bestie," I told him cracking a smile.

"I love you too bestie. I think the blood must be really rushing to your head there darling." He laughed.

I pulled myself back up and onto the couch and threw my pillow at him. He dodged it. He smirked as he picked the pillow up from where it had landed. He chucked it and it hit me in the head.

"Oh, it's on," I told him smirking.

We ended up having a full-blown pillow fight. I was just about to hit Freddie again when Mary opened the door wide-eyed at the sight in front of her.

Both of our hair was all messed up and all over the place. My hand was in mid-air, about to hit Freddie with the pillow.

"What's going on here?" She asked laughing as she closed the door.

"Hello, Mary." I waved laughing. "You know just your average pillow fight."

"I see." She responded still chuckling as she put her stuff down on the kitchen table. Freddie put his pillow down and went over to greet her. He kissed her and hugged her tightly.

"What do you guys have going tonight?" I asked.

"We have a double date with Brian and Hazel," Freddie replied his arms wrapped around Mary from behind.

"Ah, I see, where?"

"At that one restaurant a few blocks from Bri's flat, we've been there a few times."

"Is that the place where at dinner Roger ended up disappearing to go have sex with the waitress in the coat closet?" I asked.

"That's the one," Freddie responded smirking as he went over to the fridge.

"How exciting," I replied coming over to join the pair in the kitchen.

"Any plans for you tonight Miss Jackson?" Mary asked as Freddie handed her a glass of water.

"I'm going over to John's to watch him fix his television. Real exciting stuff."

"Aww, you and John are so cute," Mary replied.

"Thank you. Honestly, I'm just going so I can see him, I've been working a lot lately."

"Yeah, can you tone it down? We need you around to help us," Freddie told me leaning against the sink. He was smirking.

"Yes, Fred. I will quit the job that gives me money for living so I can go work for you for zero pay."

"Finally." He said dramatically. I rolled my eyes.

"Well my friends I am off, and Fred since your phone is finally on the hook I want details from the double date. Mary you too."

"On it," Mary replied.

"Have fun at John's place," Freddie said giving me a smug look. I rolled my eyes.

"Goodbye, you guys." I chuckled as I opened the door. "Have fun on your double date."

How John's telly had gotten broken remained a mystery. But he had it fixed in record time. It was amazing to watch him work. He got all concentrated and cute. But he was so smart. He knew exactly what was wrong and how to fix it. I was very impressed.

I watched him and drew him at the same time. When I showed him the drawing he was clearly dumbfounded.

"Nina this is so amazing... wow... you are so incredibly talented." He told me kissing me on the cheek.