Chapter thirty-eight

"Okay everyone calm down calm down!" John yelled. He reached into his bag pulling out the box that contained all the new songs in it. "Who wants to hear some Queen songs that haven't been released yet?"

Everyone started talking over each other as he got it ready.

"What songs did you bring anyway?" I asked.

"Nevermore, Father to Son and Seven Seas of Rhye." He replied.

"Ooo good choices." 

He looked up and grinned at me.

A few minutes later he got it all set up and was waiting for everyone to quiet down. 

"DO YOU GUYS WANT TO HEAR IT OR NOT?!" He yelled and everyone quickly fell silent. "Now, these songs we have played on the tour but the official versions have yet to be heard. These were taken straight out of the studio. I had to get special permission to bring them here-"

"Just get on with it!" Martha yelled. Her mother gave her a glare. She just shrugged in response. 

"Yeah yeah. Here's Nevermore." John muttered.

The song started playing and it seemed like they all were very concentrated on listening to it. 

"You send me to the path of nevermore." I mouthed passionately. "When you say you didn't love me anymore."

Julie started laughing at me. At least I was entertaining someone other than myself.

The song ended and before anyone could say anything John had started Father to Son. Another one of my favorites. 

Julie continued to giggle at me and my mouthing of the words.

"Do do do do do do do do do do do family song-" I mouthed.

"Family song?" John's grandmother questioned. But John didn't respond. He was too busy mouthing the words with me. We were making each other laugh.

The song was long so it took a while for it to end, but his family seemed to enjoy it. Again before anyone could comment on it he had started Seven Seas of Rhye.  

"This is set to be our single." He said grinning as the intro started. "And we teased it a bit at the end of our first album."

"I like the piano!" His aunt said beaming. "A lot!" 

"It's cool!" His cousin Jenny exclaimed.

"Freddie is the master," John replied smiling.

Soon people were nodding their heads back and forth to the music. I knew John was really happy to see that they liked it.

The song concluded and John waited for his family to say something.

"Oh John wow, I loved it." His uncle said. "Truly musical masterpieces each one of them."

"Agreed." His aunt added. "I can't wait to hear the rest."

"My boyfriend will want to hear the new tracks. Can I borrow them?" Martha asked.

"No- you can't- why would you think- I only have permission to show these to my family members," John said dumbfounded by the question.

"Well it is your music, isn't it? Aren't you in charge of who can hear it?"

"I hate to break it to you Martha but I am not the only one in the band for one, two we are owned by a record company who calls the shots on stuff like this."

"But-"

"Martha you are lucky he even showed us these! I think we owe John a big thank you." His aunt said before turning to smile at John. "Willaim doesn't need to hear it right now."