Happy ending

I know I said this story was going to go on for awhile...and that I had some great ideas for it. BUT I'm sorry to announce, this. This is the end :'(

Hope it's as good as I hope it is...

So for the last time, ENJOY!! :*

Chapter 40
*********************

Hazel's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In films, jinxing things is a big deal. You never really see it happening in real life. When someone says something it never normally comes back around and bites them on the arse. But in this case, it happened.

I always wanted something interesting to happen, turns out I got a lot of drama...But nothing to affect me in the long term, and for that i'm grateful.

As soon as we landed in England, we handed Sam straight over his aunt. She would take care of him while his dad recovered from the death of his wife. She thanked us so much for looking after him, giving us a card with some money in. Seeing his face light up when he saw his auntie was such an amazing feeling, but at the same time it was hard, hard to say goodbye but then I pictured seeing my mum, and I couldn't wait to get home!

The coach journey home was so quick, I think because we were in good moods, buzzing to get home.

"That little dude is the best" Kyle randomly announced. Causing the rest of us to snap out of our thoughts of the last 4 days.

"Okay I can't do this" Ash suddenly broke out, "Stop! Stop the coach. I gotta get off" And before any of us could stop him he was on the road, running back down the country side road.
"ASH!" I screamed and the coach pulled over, "you want off too miss?" The driver asked, like she knew so I took my chance without thinking and chased down after Ash.

"Woah! Ash what the hell?" I yelled after him, slowly catching him up.
"Hazel it's not fair" He just cried and collapsed on the side of the road, sobbing.
I had no idea what he's on about, and I know he knows I don't know but so I stayed silent.
I dropped to my knee's beside him and gently rubbed his back, leaning down to nuzzle my head on his shoulder.

"I've never been close with people for a reason. I've always hated people because I have too, not because I want too. I hate being the enemy" He whispered.
His words shocked me, he's only ever had one proper mate, Kyle. Now i'm so eager to know more. The questions are itching at me to get out.
"Then why were you that person?"
He sat up now, his eyes pierced into mine but it was almost comforting.

We sat crossed legged, facing each other on the side of a quiet country road, no idea where. The wind would occasionally blow through our hair but it was cooling, refreshing.

"I didn't want to be close to people"
His body remained still, yet I felt comfortable.
"I was scared. Scared they'd just leave like all my family did" He finished, moving his eyes from mine and down to the floor.
"Ash?" I questioned, my voice soft and feeling bad.
"I don't want sympathy I don't deserve it but I can't not explain" He added.
"I could never trust anyone from the age of 5 except Kyle. He was my neighbour when my family left. They left one by one but Kyle was always next door" He went on. "I grew up living by myself my dad was never to be seen but my mum would be home for just hours a night while I slept before leaving again when I woke. I got stuff thanks to Kyle's family who became my reliable source." He wasn't showing his face but I sensed tears. Mainly probably because I had them filling my eyes myself.

"But as I got older people...Girls...Started wanting to know me but I didn't trust it. For one, I didn't want them finding out my shit. No one but Kyle knew. And secondly I didn't want to keep loosing people so I thought 'If I don't get people, I can't loose them' and that became my motto" He sighed.

"But i'm sorry, for some reason since you, I just," He looked at me now, awkwardly.
I could tell he was opening up to me now and I can tell he hasn't ever done that before.
"I just feel completely different with you. I thought I could hide it but I can't and you need to know" He finished, without me realising his hands comforted mine.

"You stayed there on purpose" It all started to make sense. "You didn't want to come home" I sighed, feeling bad for forcing him back when I knew nothing.
"I'm sorry"
"Shut up girl i'm the sorry one here" He replied, lightening the mood which actually needed doing.
I didn't know what to say now let alone what to do.
But then, then I got an idea.

"You know, my family isn't exactly the best either" I announced. "You don't wanna go 'home?'" Ash shook his head as a reply
"Then why should we?" I asked, a smile working my lips.

His head slanted and his eyebrows burrowed but a grin lightened his face.
"What you getting at missy?" He asked cheekily.
"Oh, you know exactly what I mean" I giggled, standing up and pulling him with me.

I brushed the dust of my jeans and sharply turned to him.
"I say, we go...that way" I pointed in the direction we came. He looked down the road and back at me before pulling that face of approval and nodding.
"Hmm. Alright" He smiled, "Lead the way" He said with relief, excitement and happiness in his voice.

Our hands grip tightened, our smiles widened. There was a bounce in a step but in the back of mind was total regret and worry. I did NOT think this through!
Where the hell we going?
What we gonna eat? Where we gonna live? We have no money!
"Hazel i've never known what i'm doing, or what i'm gonna do next, or how i'm gonna live but i've always ended up fine and this time I feel like it's the best thing to happen" He said like he read my mind.
"You think?" I asked, not hiding my doubts.
"Hazel this is what we've been waiting for. This'll be it. I promise"

And that's when my whole new life started. So suddenly, so out of the blue but so perfectly.

A/N -

That was it D: I really really just hope you loved it! ;)
Please Please Please leave your opinions in the comments - Good or Bad idc xD

Love you all! Thank you so much :* Follow me for more stories!! xxx

~ Tilly_xoxo