44 - midnight memories

——

——

"You scared me there for a second." Aaron said as they made it back to the hotel.

She grabbed his hand. "I know. I'm sorry." She sighed. "And I love you too."

He grinned, "I thought that's what 'yeah we're almost there bye' meant."

She shoved him away from her in mock annoyance.

"Hey loverbirds. You up for a drive?" Morgan asked them.

"Where to?"

"We leave tomorrow. I was thinking we hit up some clubs while we're here." Derek replied.

"Absolutely not. Terrible idea." Hotch dismissed the idea as soon as it left Morgan's lips.

"Aw come on Aaron. It'll be fun." She batted her eyelashes up at him in an effort to get him to agree to let the team go out to party. "After everything Spence and I have been through," she grabbed Spencer dramatically and pulled him towards her, "I think we need to have some fun."

Aaron couldn't ignore those puppy dog eyes and almost immediately relented, "Fine. But if you get too drunk I will leave you on the side of the road in the cold."

Morgan winced, "that's the opposite of what you're supposed to do man."

"We going or what?" Olivia laughed. She walked to Emily and JJ with a grin on her face. "I think we should go get ready first." She turned back to wink at the four men staring at the three of them and they all walked to their respective hotel rooms.

"I'm not sure I'm joining." Rossi sighed as they watched the three girls saunter away. "I am much too old for this."

"Aw come on Ros. We'll hit up a bar or two before the clubs. At least join us for that." Morgan nudged him.

"Fine. But I'm leaving as soon as someone mentions a club." He sighed and walked in the direction the girls had just gone in.

"Where are you going?" Aaron eyed the agent in front of him.

Rossi gave them a funny look, "we are going out. I'm going to go change into a suitable outfit."

"That's probably a good idea." Derek realized and they followed Rossi until they got to their rooms.

Fourty five minutes later, the four men were patiently waiting outside the three girls rooms. Their rooms were all next to each other so they all stood near to one another. Morgan was playing on his phone and Reid was casually flipping through a book.

"Would you stop doing that?" Aaron sighed as he watched Dave fiddle with his collar for the umpteenth time. He pushed himself off the wall he was leaning against as he heard the click of a lock and the door being opened.

Morgan whistled as they watched JJ step out first. "Damn." He breathed.

She was dressed in a red cocktail dress that stopped a few inches above her knee. Her hair was tied up in a sleek high ponytail and she wore just enough makeup to beautifully highlight the contours of her face. She blushed as she went to stand next to Spencer and they waited for Olivia and Emily to come out. They all heard the two locks click and watched Olivia and Emily step out at the same time.