19 - hotel room

——

——

It had been a month since the bets had been placed. Morgan sat and waited for Spencer and Olivia to come into the office. Everyone else was in the conference room, JJ was ready to present a new case.

"You're late." Morgan said as Spencer and Olivia walked in laughing.

Olivia pouted. "Only by seven minutes."

"Yeah, yeah." Morgan said as he walked with them. "You're lucky Hotch likes you."

"I know." Spencer said as they walked in. Morgan and Olivia laughed as Spencer winked at Hotch.

"Good, you're here." JJ said. They sat down and she started presenting.

They were on the jet on their way to New York. A serial killer who liked to dump their victims in bodies of water was on the loose. JJ came to sit next to Olivia. "You ready to go home?"

Olivia frowned. "It's been a while."

"Your parents are-?"

"Somewhere in Europe. I lost track a few months ago." Olivia responded. "They send me post cards."

JJ nodded and placed her hand on her shoulder. "You'll be fine Liv."

Olivia nodded. "I heard you met Jack." JJ said as she tried to steer the conversation into literally anything else.

"Yeah I did." She remembered the energetic little boy running around the BAU. "Hotch brought him to work on Sunday for an hour whilst he got some stuff. I was there finishing some paperwork when I saw a tiny child speed out of the elevator."

"He certainly is a ball of energy. Did he like you?"

"I think so. I played with him whilst Hotch was busy. He's a very sweet boy." Olivia replied. "Also he told me he hasn't stopped asking about me."

"That makes sense. The first time he met Rossi, he wouldn't stop asking Hotch about him. I think he's just fascinated by new people working with his dad." JJ told her, although that wasn't entirely true. "I'm glad he likes you. He's such a cutie."

Olivia nodded and the conversation came to an end. JJ gave her a smile and went back to her files. She knew it was going to be hard for her friend to go back to the place she grew up, but she knew she was strong. Once they landed, the team went straight to the NYPD and set up.

"A sixth body was just found in a pool." The detective told them.

"Ambrosia and Reid, you stay here and work on the geographical profile. Morgan and Prentiss, you go to the coroners office and find out what you can about the previous victims. Rossi, you come with me to the crime scene. JJ, I need you handling the media." Hotch ordered.

The team nodded and carried out the instructions they were given. Before everyone left, JJ stopped Reid, Morgan, Prentiss and Rossi and even called Garcia. "She met Jack this weekend."