6 - debates and diaries

——

——

After Spencer handed Henry to Will, he turned to see one of the doctors Olivia had corralled into giving them some medical textbooks and journals signaling him with the special hand gesture they had come up with to notify him of a journal he had requested they find. To fuel his debates with each other of course.

He walked towards her and she looked up at him in confusion.

"Dr Johansson found the 1989 medical journal covering neurological disorders," He whispered in her ear, "want to go get it?"

"Hells yeah!" She whispered excitedly.

They tried to leave the room as quietly and unnoticeably as they could. Once they slipped out the door. The ran all the way to where Spencer had seen Dr Johansson.

"You think they noticed?" Spencer asked as they headed in the direction of the doctor.

"Yup. Every single one of them did."

"Look there he is!" Spencer pointed at Dr Johansson leaning casually against a nurses desk with a thick book in his hand.

"Doctor Johansson." Spencer said and shook his hand.

"Doctor Reid and Miss Ambrosia." The man said jovially, "I found the book you requested. It wasn't easy but I managed."

"Thank you so much Doctor. We'll have it back to you soon." Olivia said as he handed the book.

"Take as much time as you need. It won't be missed, everything in it has been digitally copied and saved. I'm just thankful there are still bright young people such as yourselves interested in what's in these medical journals you've been reading." Dr Johansson replied.

"Once again, thank you Doctor Johansson. We appreciate it." Spencer said and shook his hand once more.

"Anytime." The Doctor said and shook Olivias hand after.

He walked away and left Spencer and Olivia alone to flip through the contents of the journal. Olivia read it out loud as they had established earlier on that Spencer read too fast and skipped quite a few words when he read out loud. They entered the room again and found everyone lounging and talking as Henry had fallen off to sleep. Once they stepped through the doorway, everyone looked up at them.

They didn't notice because they were still reading the journal.

The team watched as the two twenty eight year olds walked in the room. With Olivia reading softly out loud and Spencer listening intently while he followed along on the page she was on. Finally Derek cleared his throat and they looked up like a deer caught in headlights.

"There you two are. We were worried." Emily said.

"Uh we just went to get an earlier edition of a medical journal we saw referenced in one of the textbooks we read earlier." Spencer elaborated as Olivia closed the journal.