29 - all the way from NY

——

——

Olivia stood up and went to answer it. She missed the knowing looks the team gave each other as she approached the door. She opened it slowly, not bothering to look through the peephole.

Her jaw went slack as she saw who was standing in front of her.

"Happy Birthday Olive." He grinned.

She did nothing but stand there and stare. He chuckled and held his arms out and she practically jumped into them. He held her tight as she hugged him.

"What? How?" She said as they walked inside.

"Them." He said and gestured towards Reid, Rossi and Morgan, who were all standing in a suspiciously straight line and smiling.

"Hey Ben." JJ said and waved.

"Benjamin." Rossi shook hands with the young doctor. "We're glad you could make it."

"Anything for Olive." He smiled. "Hey Aaron." He said and smiled.

Hotch walked over to him and shook his hand. "Ben. I hope no one else is throwing whipped cream and ice cubes around in your hospital."

Ben laughed, "just you guys."

"Don't forget buckets." Reid said. The rest of the team laughed and settled down in the living room again.

A few hours later, it was officially time for some of the team to head home. "Bye guys." Spencer and Olivia waved from the front door as JJ, Emily, Rossi and Derek left.

"Okay so I was wondering." Penelope pulled her aside as soon as her and Spencer returned from the door. "You came down after going to look for Hotch earlier after quite some time."

Olivia paused. She forgot the team was there when that happened. "It was only like five minutes." She brushed it off as the two of them walked into the kitchen, away from Ben, Reid and Hotch.

"Hold on." Penelope said and fished her phone out of her purse. Olivia watched as she called someone.

"Okay." She said after she put the phone down. "Emily is on her way and JJ said to call her when she gets back."

"What?"

"I'm back." They heard Emily call out. "You should really close your front door Olivia."

"Splendid." Penelope said as she called back JJ. "JJ you there?"

"Yup." They heard her from the phone.

"Okay now. Tell us everything." Emily said as she placed her back down and they took a seat on the barstools in her kitchen. The kitchen and living room were open plan, and the boys were in the living room. But she was sure they couldn't hear them.

"There's nothing really." She said and she went red.

"You're blushing." Penelope squealed.

"Come on." Emily pleaded.