5 - henry

——

——

Will took them all the way to the room JJ was in.

"Guys, meet Henry." Will said as he opened the door for Spencer and Olivia to walk through.

The two peeked their heads out from behind the books they had yet to put down.

"Right." Will said and grabbed the books from their hands. "That's enough of that. Go say hi to your new godchild."

Spencer and Olivia walked round to the side of the bed JJ was on and cradling baby Henry.

"Wait." Olivia paused as she finally registered what Will had just announced. "Godchild?"

"That's right. If anything happens to us, it's up to you two to take care of this little guy." JJ smiled.

"Can I?" Olivia said as she gestured to Henry.

"Yeah." JJ handed Henry to Olivia.

Olivia fussed over Henry as Spencer tickled his two little feet and cooed over him. Will sat next to his fiancé on the bed and they both watched as Henry became acquainted with his two young godparents.

"I think they're going to be just fine." Will said and kissed JJ on the top of her head.

She hummed in agreement as she carried on watching her two close friends interact with her son.

The rest of the team was waiting patiently outside the doors of the room JJ was in, anxious to meet the newest member of their little family.

Will stepped outside and smiled at the sight he saw before him. The five remaining members of the team were waiting patiently against the wall opposite the door to the ward his newborn son and fiancé were in along with his godparents. Hotch lifted his head as soon as he saw Will and elbowed Derek who was falling asleep against the wall they were leaning on. He jerked awake and caused everyone to take notice of Will.

"If you all are ready, we'd like to introduce you to someone." Will announced.

The whole team entered the room with Will following close behind and saw the same sight Will and JJ were admiring only minutes before. Olivia and Spencer going absolutely mushy for the tiny human in her arms.

"I like the shirt by the way." Will said as he noticed the blue Donald Duck shirt Hotch was sporting.

The rest of the team snickered as Hotch was forced to thank the man.

"Everyone, meet Henry." Olivia said as she walked to stand in front of the team with Spencer trailing after her.

Everyone took turns saying hello.

"Olivia and Spencer were just named Henry's godparents." JJ said, happy as she watched her team fuss over Henry.

Olivia handed Henry to Spencer who happily carried on playing with him and talking to him as the team watched. She went to stand next to Hotch.

"Godmother huh." He said as he noticed her next to him.

"Yeah. He's the sweetest." She said as she watched Henry.

He nodded. She looked up at him and he was smiling. She didn't realize how often he didn't smile, until he did.

"You're smiling."

"I'm happy." He replied whilst still smiling.

"Must be the shirt." She said and laughed.

He laughed and she inwardly celebrated, she had made this stoic emotionless man laugh. In only one day of knowing him.

Rossi watched them from the side of the room and smiled to himself. He had a good feeling about this girl.

"So Olivia, how do you know JJ and Will?" Emily asked.

She realized that the only person she had told was Garcia.

"We met in college. Became really good friends and we stayed in contact after we graduated." JJ answered.

"And you know she was with the NYPD for a couple of years. I met her when she came to New Orleans for something relating to a case she was working on." Will carried on. "We kept in contact after that case."

"And it was only when JJ introduced me to her new cop boyfriend that I made the connection." Olivia finished the story.

"Oh cool. So you guys have been friends for quite some time." Derek said.

"Yup." Olivia said as she went and stood by Spencer and Henry again.

"Hotch," JJ called him. He looked up as she caught his attention. "What's with the shirt."

Olivia laughed, "that would be my fault. I lent it to him."

"I thought it looked familiar. Isn't it-"

"From Disneyland, yeah." Olivia interrupted JJ until she could say anymore.

"Wait so you went to her apartment?" Will asked.

Hotch nodded awkwardly. By the now even Henry was listening to the four of them's conversation.

"Ooh did you see her weird plant statue in her kitchen?" Will asked.

Hotch shook his head. "I took her home because she was sleeping on the couch in the waiting room. Then she forced me to take a shower and gave me the shirt to wear since I didn't have a clean one. Then I fell asleep in her guest bedroom and she made brownies."

"Sounds like Olivia." Will said and laughed.

JJ agreed and smiled, Garcia couldn't stop talking about the brownies after they were mentioned, Derek found the whole situation extremely amusing and couldn't stop laughing every time he thought about it. Spencer half listened to the story and half paid attention to Henry so he didn't really react and Rossi laughed as he heard Hotch tell the story. He knew making Aaron take the girl home was his best idea yet.

"I did not force you to take a shower." Olivia said incredulously.

"Oh sure," Hotch replied.

"Excuse me, I'm not the one who ran out the door to get his go bag." Olivia laughed.

"Point taken." Hotch said and surrendered.

"Was that Hotch, joking?" Garcia said, "it can't be."

Everyone laughed and their attention shifted back to Henry in seconds. He had been spluttering and making little noises. Spencer handed Henry back to his dad and walked towards Olivia.

The team watched as he whispered something to her and they snuck out of the room. Well, the whole team watched them leave so they didn't actually sneak out.

"What-?" Emily said, "they've been like that the whole day." She chuckled.

"They'd be so cute together!" JJ squealed.

"Calm down JJ, you know she's not ready." Will said.

The whole team looked at them as they heard Will say that.

"Uh. She went through a super tough uh breakup almost one and a half years ago." Will elaborated, he was the one to bring it up after all. "She hasn't exactly had a serious relationship since."

The team nodded in understanding but they couldn't help but route for Olivia and Spencer anyway. Except for Rossi that is, he had a feeling Spencer wasn't the team member young Agent Ambrosia would fall for.