41 - for making him happy

——

——

The team stopped asking them about their incredibly suspicious items of clothing. They strongly suspected it was because the whole team already knew what happened, but chose to ignore that.

Her and Spencer were working on the geographical profile when a detective from the station approached them.

"How's it going?" He asked. "Detective Miles Peters." He said and held out his hand for Olivia and Spencer to shake.

"Olivia Ambrosia and Dr Spencer Reid." Olivia introduced as they both shook his hand. "We're making progress, but so far we have too much of ground to cover. We kind of need to narrow it down."

He nodded and surveyed the map. "You guys are from the FBI right?"

"Correct." Spencer replied.

The detective turned around from the board and eyed Olivia. "I didn't know the FBI had such beautiful agents."

Spencer was feeling extremely uncomfortable as the detective walked closer towards Olivia. He stepped in front of her when the detective came too close.

"What's the matter sweetheart?" He gave her a creepy smile as he ducked his head around Spencer to look at her.

"Is something the matter?" Aaron asked. He had noticed the three of them talking but paid a little more attention when he saw Spencer put himself between the man they were talking to and Olivia.

"Not at all Agent." The detective spat. "I was just talking to these two fine young people."

Aaron nodded and glared at the detective. "Detective Peters." He said and held out his hand.

"Supervisory special agent Aaron Hotchner." Hotch said as he gripped the mans hand tightly. He saw him wince and smiled inwardly.

"So you're the boss huh."

"Correct. Would you give us a moment?" He asked as he saw Spencer and Olivia talking quietly together.

"Certainly." Detective Peters sneered and walked away from them.

"You okay?" He asked as he gently took her hand in his. She frowned but brightened up when she felt his hand envelope hers.

"A little creeped out. Nothing I can't handle."

"You Reid?"

Reid just shrugged it off. "I'm not sure what I would've done if he got any closer."

Hotch let go of her hand as he saw a policeman pass them and sighed. "Well as long as you two are okay. Now, back to work."

"Yes sir." Olivia said and turned back to the board when she felt her boyfriends finger ghost the small of her back then heard him walk away. She smiled at the fact that he had done that.

"You think if we caught a break in the victimology, we'd be able to narrow down the geographical profile?" Spencer's voice dragged her out of her thoughts.

"It's worth a try. Let's call Garcia." She said and they started to work.

The team was on the plane back home after working on that case for the past couple of days. Olivia was sitting next to Spencer, both reading when Rossi took the spot next to her.

"Hey kids." He said.

They just grunted at him as they read. He watched as they swapped books and carried on where the other left off.

"What are you doing?" He asked, alarmed.

"Reading." Olivia mumbled.

"I give up." Rossi shook his head and went to sit in his own chair.

"Olivia." Hotch said as he took Rossi's spot.

Olivia patted his leg and carried on reading.

"Baby." He said and poked her arm. "Baby." He repeated and poked her again.

"Stop." She whined. He laughed and kissed her cheek and settled down next to her. He wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her closer to him so that her back was against his chest but she was still facing Spencer. He watched them swap their books and chose not to comment, he truly didn't understand what ran through their minds sometimes.

Olivia gasped and Aaron jerked awake. "Sorry honey." She said and patted his arm. "Spence I forgot to tell you, you remember doctor Johansson?" Spencer nodded. "He reached out to me this morning about an old book he found. He thought we might want to have a look at it."

"That is nice of him." Spencer commented as he flipped through his book.

"It is." Olivia agreed. Aaron had fallen back to sleep again. She heard him snore and she giggled.

"I never thought I'd see the day where Hotch fell asleep on the plane." Prentiss laughed. "You've really changed him."

"Or he just really came out of his shell." Morgan joined the conversation. "I've been part of the BAU for years now and I've only seen him smile maybe five times. And then you came and he started smiling almost everyday."

Olivia blushed.

"He's happy. Before, Hailey used to have a problem with him working all the time, so whenever he was home, they were fighting more than spending time together. Then he'd get called on a case and the cycle would start again." Rossi told them. "With you here, he's lighter. Happier. Thank you."

"For what?"

"Making him happy." Spencer said.

"You guys are the mushiest people I know." Hotch mumbled.

"You're awake?" Emily realized.

"No, I'm talking in my sleep and I know exactly what you're talking about. In my sleep." He said tiredly and nuzzled his head in the crook of her neck. He wrapped his arm around her waist when he realized she was sitting straight and sighed as he tried to fall asleep again.

Olivia laughed and ran her fingers through his hair.

"You guys are too cute, I'm going to throw up." Emily said and turned away. JJ laughed and followed her. Rossi carried on doing a crossword puzzle or whatever he was doing and Morgan carried on listening to music. Olivia and Spencer went back to reading their books whilst she played with Aaron's hair.

They landed a couple hours later. Hotch had been awake for just about ten minutes and he was grumpy as ever. "Planes suck." He pouted as he and Olivia got in the car and made their way to his house.

"I'm sure." She laughed as they made it to his front door. "I'm going to leave you here. I trust you can make it to the bed yourself?"

"It would definitely be easier if you came with." He said and pulled her close to him.

"Hmm, don't hold your breath." She said and opened the door and pushed him inside. She leaned up and kissed him softly. "I'll see you." She closed the door behind her and went back to the car.

She drove home quietly, with soft music playing in the background. She entered her apartment and switched the lights on.

Her scream echoed through the house as she saw the person standing in front of her.