TIME CAST A SPELL ON YOU

[ alternatively : tell me something ]

HE WAS PHASING SOON. SHE KNEW IT BEFORE HE EVEN SPOKE, his hands digging into his pockets as he gazed sheepishly across the diner to the girl he couldn't get from the forefront of his mind. "What's loverboy doing here?" Genie asked with a teasing smile on her face, hip jutting out where she balanced a tray, eyebrow raised in question.

"No clue." Cata mumbled back nonchalantly, eyes trained on the till in front of her as she deposited the money her last customer's had left her, placing the change in a tip jar labelled '4 SULLY'S VERY ATTRACTIVE WAITRESS'S'

Cora didn't really like it, but Genie was a hard person to argue with.

"Are you going to talk to him?" Genie prodded, loading plates onto her tray as she spoke.

Cata sighed, almost throwing her head back in frustration. "Probably. Just need to clock off first."

Shrugging, Genevieve smiled light. "Okay, see you tomorrow baby."

"Later, angel." Cata rolled her eyes with a smile, closing the till with one hand while her other weaved to pull at the knot in the apron that hung over her hips.

She closed her eyes tightly, head tilting back as she tried to build the courage to walk over to him. His eyes were on her, and she knew he was only here for her.

"Hey." He nodded to her as she walked over, apron bunched in her hand as it swung by her side a tight smile on her face.

"Hi." She greeted him, sliding into the opposite seat in the booth he sat at. He had bulked up, even in the few days since she had last seen him. "Everything okay?"

"Wanted to see you."

Cata felt her breath catch in her throat, a calmness running over her at his words. Her eyes closing at his words. He wanted to see me, he wanted to see me. He wanted to see me. "Well, here I am."

He rolled his eyes, a soft smile filling his face. "Come to the beach with me?"

"Now?" He nodded. "Okay."

They stood without another word, Paul trying to hide his large smile as he walked behind her, hand lifting to pull at his mouth. Cata ducked her head as he fell into step with him as they crossed the car park, biting at her gums so she couldn't smile.

This was new. This was nice.

The pair climbed into his car, Cata already laughing as she pulled open the door, seeing a Fleetwood Mac cd sat on the passenger seat. "It's Posie's." He spoke quickly.