BEACH DAY

[ alternatively : you in? ]

CATALINA SWAN WAS OVER THE MOON WHEN MIKE SUGGESTED THEY ALL GO TO La Push beach that weekend; it was the perfect excuse to see her all her friends in one place. Tyler had drove most of them down in his van, Mike following behind with Jess and Eric.

It didn't take Tyler long at all to threaten to turn the radio off as Cata, Genie and Angela sang along loudly (Catalina even playing air guitar at one point).

Nell had met them there - Mike was only happy to invite her as it was common knowledge that Mike formed a crush on anyone who laughed at one of his jokes - and Nell found everything funny.

Angela and Catalina sat cocooned under a blanket as they sat on a piece of driftwood, watching with amused looks as Genie and Nell bickered as they tried to light a bonfire. Bella sat opposite them, awkwardly trying to make conversation with Mike and Jess. 

"I keep thinking Eric's going to ask me to the prom." Angela muttered quietly over the crashing of the waves, eyes on Eric and Tyler who stood in the distance near Tyler's van. They were meant to be getting the burgers but they'd began wrestling five minutes ago, and showed no signs of stopping.  "And then he just doesn't."

"You ask him." Cata nudged the girls shoulder, smiling as Angela turned to her with a nervous frown.

"What if he says no?"

Rolling her eyes, Cata let a smile pull at her lips, "Angela Weber. You are one of the kindest, most intelligent, most beautiful girl I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.  If he says no, he can't see what's right in front of him."

Angela said nothing, a soft blush crossing at her cheeks. Catalina had never been shy about letting people know how loved they are. It was one of the reasons she was so loved herself. Dropping her head, Angela rested her cheek on Cata's shoulder. "Baby ain't made of china, Ang."

"I used to think he liked you." Angela whispered, glad she couldn't see Catalina's reaction.

"He doesn't know me well enough."Cata replied simply, eyes on Nell who was hitting Genie with the stick they were trying to light the bonfire with. "You two grew up together, you know everything about each other. Good and bad." She paused. "Ask him, he'll say yes."

"You think?"

"Yeah." Cata nodded firmly.

"Your burgers, your majesty." Tyler mocked, dropping the bag into Catalina's lap.

"What do you want me to do with them?" Cata asked, shoving the bag back towards the boy.

"Cook them."