EQUALISER

[ alternatively : what? no coffins? ]

"MY FAMILY WANT TO SPEAK TO YOU." Rosalie Hale muttered stiffly a few days later, watching the Swan girl with careful eyes as she continued to sketch, pencil smudges lining her palms.

"Oh, an audience with the bunny munchers. How did I get so lucky?" She muttered sarcastically in response.

It took Rosalie's silence for her to drop her pencil down, harsher than she intended to, the table shaking in response. "Sorry." Cata sighed. She had barely slept the night before. All her joints still ached. "What do they want to talk about?"

"You." Rosalie nodded. "And your sister."

"Can't wait."

Cata hated the thought of going to the Cullen's, especially when she was as tired as she was. But she needed answers, and she wouldn't get that while feeling sorry for herself in bed.

When the final bell rang, Cata stood from her desk. "I'll follow your car." Was all she said before leaving, she wasn't in the mood for small talk.

"There's my girl!" Genie grinned warmly as she saw Catalina exit the art room, opening her arms for the girl. Genevieve Palmer always knew if you needed comforting, even if you didn't say it.

Sinking into her arms, Cata frowned as she saw Rosalie glide past them. She really, really didn't want to go and be questioned by the vampires. "Is it alright if you ask Ang for a lift home?" Cata asked with a frown, she felt bad, but she wanted to get it over with. Tyler was told to rest for a few days, and he was more than happy to comply. "I just want to go home and check on B." Lie.

"Of course." Genie nodded, matching the frown as she pulled away, holding her friend at arms length as she watched her. Trying to figure out what was wrong, but even if she could she couldn't fix it. "Are you oka-."

"Lesbians." A cough came from behind them, the two turning sharply at the sound of the mocking voice. It was a boy Cata didn't recognise, assuming he was in one of the lower years.

The two girls lifted their middle fingers in sync, the boys eyes widening. "Get fucked." Cata snapped. Genie rolled her eyes at the boy, pulling her friend away before she hit him (it had been known to happen in the past). "Dickhead." Was all the Swan girl muttered as they walked away, their arms looping through one another's as they entered the car park.

"Ignore him." Was all Genevieve said, knowing she'd be able to get her own back one day.

"Okay, see you tomorrow sweet cheeks." Genie sang as they reached Cata's car, unlinking their arms.