LA PUSH, BABY !

[ alternatively : paul f***ing lahote ]

JUST AS GENIE HAD PROMISED, SHE MET WITH Cata after school, the two waiting by Cata's car for Bella before they drove to see Nell  - who Cata just wanted to say goodbye to before they left. Tyler was more than happy when Genie told him she wouldn't need her usual lift home, complaining how she always put her 'angry feminist music on', and ate the stash of chocolate bars he kept in his glove compartment. Genie resented that, and she was more than happy to tell Catalina why.

"Why don't you just get your driving license?" Cata asked with a laugh, as Genie complained about Tyler's 'utter lack of value for our friendship'. Taking a sip from the can of fanta she'd bought from the cafeteria before.

"I prefer to have him ferry me around." Genie replied, holding her hand out for the can, which Cata gave her without a second thought.

That wasn't true. She was one more failed driver's test away from the DMV giving her a lifetime ban. Not really, but you get the idea.

"Besides, I do not play 'angry feminist music'." She continued, putting air quotes around 'angry feminist music', taking another sip of the soda. Cata couldn't help but laugh at her words, having missed Genie's dramatic ways. Taking the can back, Cata finished the drink, throwing it in the closest bin. "It's just angry music, sang by females."

"Well, be grateful you're driving with me. Angry female happens to be my favourite genre of music."

"Oh, I knew there was a reason I liked having you around."

"I thought it was my dazzling personality?" Cata mock pouted, laughing loudly as Genie pushed her from where she stood, watching as she stumbled from where she had been leant against her car. "B!" She called, watching as her sister exited the building, a soft frown resting over her face. 

"You and your sister are nothing alike." Genie commented quickly, before Bella reached them. She had met the younger twin before, only in passing, and it seemed she hadn't noticed them just how different the twins were. Cata was a people person, and Bella just wasn't. Not that Genie disliked the younger twin, she just didn't know her like she did Cata. 

"You okay?" Catalina asked her sister as she reached her, a crease between her brow as she avoided her eyes.

Flashing her eyes to Genevieve, Bella shrank back at the blonde's look. She didn't know her well enough to spill. "Do I have to beat anyone up for you?" Genie offered, noticing Bella's shoulders relax.

"She will as well."

"And your sister will help."