ISABELLE MA BELLE

[ alternatively : no coffins? ]

ROSALIE HAD PRACTICALLY BEGGED CATA TO RETURN TO THE CULLEN's HOUSE that evening, after telling her Bella was going as well. Catalina was cautious about accepting the invitations. "Please." Rosalie had fluttered her lashes. "I don't think I can stand being around your sister for more than ten seconds."

"Fine." She sighed, "I can't stay long, though. I need to see Jared?"

"Jared?" Rosalie had raised her eyebrows.

"Needs must."

Rosalie had accepted her answer without question, waiting for her friend in the car park as Catalina climbed into her car, just in case she had forgotten the route to the Cullen house.

Isabella had wanted to go home first, something about changing to make a good impression - Catalina hadn't payed much notice as Rosalie had explained the situation to her, her head slightly sore from the night before. She'd arrived at the Cullen household, surprised to see empty boxes for kitchen utensils littering the floor of the kitchen. "You did all this for Bella?" Cata asked, picking up an empty box from the floor as her eyes scanned the label.

"And for you." Esme had smiled. "I found this recipe for Italiano, you and Bella are Italian, aren't you?"

Cata watched as Esme's face fell as she spoke, not gaining the response she wanted from the Swan girl who stood in front of her. "No," She smiled softly, "But it's a nice sentiment, Esme. Thank you. How can I help?"

Esme instructed her to help Rosalie with the salad, Emmett waving the knife teasingly in her direction as she passed - only eliciting her to stick her middle finger up as she joined Rosalie's side. "Are Alice and Jasper hunting?"

"Yeah, he thought he could do with a bot more control."

Catalina hummed at the response that came from Carlisle, cutting at the lettuce of the board in front of her. Rosalie gave up chopping the tomatoes, instead holding the bowl as Catalina tossed vegetables in as she cut them. Only the lull of the Italiano recipe sounded behind them, on a cute little television that Catalina was intent on begging Rosalie to nick for her.

"This is stupid."  Rosalie muttered, rocking on her heels as she watched Cata throw more tomatoes into the salad.

"Be quiet." Cata chided lowly, wiping her hands on her jeans as she finished chopping. She knew Rosalie was just protective over her family, but the more Rose talked about it the more antsy she became.

Soft conversation filled the room as the Cullen's and Cata worked, loud laughter from Emmett and Cata weaving its way down the stairs to greet Bella and Edward as they pushed open the front door. "You didn't tell me Cata was here." Bella turned to Edward, an accusing look on her face at the sound of her twin's laugh.