Chapter 1

When I woke up, all I could see was the sunlight coming in the window and the figures laying on my floor. All I could hear was the snoring coming from the boys sleeping on my bedroom floor. The pounding in my head was surreal, and I began an attempt to piece together the events of last night. The twelve boys sleeping on my bedroom floor were not strangers, but my best friends. We experienced everything together. They were my support. They were the ones I could talk to about anything. They were the most important people in my life. My twelve best friends were:

Ace, Conrad, Hayden, Zeke, Carter, Jeremiah, Blake, Jordan, Luke, Zach, Tyler, and Weston.

I crawled out of bed and made my way to the bathroom, being extremely cautious of the boys laying on my floor. I didn't want to wake any of them up so I crept along being as quiet as a mouse. While in the bathroom, I decided to take a quick shower to freshen myself up. After I finished my shower, I walked back to my bed, once again being as quiet as possible. Before making it back, I was met with a pair of piercing blue eyes. 

"Ace, what are you doing awake?" I whispered making sure to be quiet so the rest of the boys didn't wake up. He was lying sideways on my bed propped up on his elbow. He had short black hair that he always spiked up in the front. I wasn't fond of the look on most guys, but he could pull it off. He has been my best friend since we were in diapers.

"Caroline, I'm just waiting for you to come join me" He said with a smirk. His smirk was a signature smirk that could make any girl melt.

I walked over to my bed careful of the remaining boys lying on the floor. I laid down in my bed and pulled the covers over me. My room was a little chilly, probably only to me since I slept in booty shorts and a t-shirt every night. He pulled me closer and wrapped his arms around my waist. If it had been any other girl, they would have turned to liquid right there in his arms.

We did this a lot though, so I was used to it. We were best friends and nothing more, so it wasn't really weird for us. Occasionally, I feel something in my stomach but I always push it away. There was no way I could like my best friend, let alone be in love with him.

We laid like this for at least 30 minutes, recalling childhood memories. My favorite memory of the two of us was when he had a crush on me and gave me a necklace he made in school for my birthday. Which is exactly 48 hours before his. I've kept that necklace inside a box filled with special things from him. I have a box for each one of my friends. His is the fullest of course.

Every now and then, I pull out the necklace and the memories flood my mind. I wish I could go back to that age, when my parents were still happily married and my brother and I were inseparable. As you probably guessed, my parents are divorced.

My father left us and moved to Alaska. My personal opinion is why would anyone want to leave sunny Florida and move somewhere where it is always cold and covered in snow, but I'm glad he's gone . So now I live with my mom and my brother, when she is around.

My brother and I are only two years apart, but he got a late start on college, so a lot of you probably thought we were only a year apart. We used to be so close to each other but that all changed once we hit high school.

Before high school I was his best friend, his everything. Well at least that is what he told me. I always believed him because he never gave me a reason not to...until that day.

It was one afternoon after school. He was a senior and I was a sophomore. I walked into his room and he looked at me like he didn't even know me.

"Who are you and why are you in my room?"

"I am your sister and I am in here to hangout, like always"

"I don't have a sister anymore"

"Jacob, yes you do, I am your sister and I always have been."

"That's funny because the sister I remember having would have never done what you did"

"What did I do?"

"If you don't know, then why should I tell you? Get out of my room and don't ever come back. I don't want to hear your voice or see you ever again."

I remember running out of his room, into my room and locking the door. I cried my eyes out for four days straight and then finally emerged from the shelter of my room. I still wouldn't talk to anyone, not even Ace. That was two years ago, and my brother never seemed to get over it. He only ever says one or two words to me, but most of the time, he says nothing.

I wish he would tell me what I did wrong, but I think I have a pretty good idea...

_____________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: This is my first book ever on wattpad, so bare with me. I feel like I have a pretty good story developing so please continue on my journey with me.

Comments and Votes are extremely appreciated.

Question of the chapter: What do you guys think of the story so far?