finding out

(inspired by a bughead fanfiction I can't remember the name of right now & one scene of five feet apart.)

a/n I actually wanted to do another request first but i didn't want to do two proposals after another so I figured I'll give you a family one shot instead as y'all seem to enjoy them the most <3

„say bye daddy!" Lili said smiling as she took Ella's arm and waved at Cole, who's about to leave for some photography work.

„byeee!" she mumbled happily.

Cole laughed and gave his 3 year old daughter a quick kiss on the lips.
„have a good day with mommy." he whispered at her and kissed Lili after.

„see you later." he smiled at Lili and she nodded. That's when Cole left the house.

„what are we doing today momma?" Ella asked happily as she jumped onto the couch.

„well.." Lili started and sat down next to her. She chuckled majorly.

„Can you keep a secret?" Lili started making Ella's eyes widen.

„a secret?" she repeated.

„Yes a secret. Something that is only between you and I." She touched her little stomach making her giggle.

„yes!" she yelled which caused lili to laugh.

„okay so. You always said that you wanna be a big sister soon?"

„Am I a big sister?" Ella clapped her hands in excitement.

„You're going to be one. There's a baby in my stomach." Lili smiled widely at her daughter's cheery reaction.

„how get in your stomach?" she asked in confusion.

„that's a topic for another day." Lili laughed.

„why?" she asked sadly.

„You wouldn't understand."

„I'm smart."

„I know you are. But you're too young for this." Lili smirked and stroked her head gently.

„Anyways. I told you that it's a secret, which is only between you and I.." she started and was interrupted by her toddler. „and daddy?" she asked with a sad face impression.

„Exactly, daddy doesn't know yet, that's why we need to tell him." Lili laughed.

„Can I help?" Ella asked excitedly.

„Yes and I need your help, sweetheart."

„with what?" she looked at Lili in confusion.

„So come here." she said and pulled something out of a bag.

„Balloons and notes." Lili smiled.

„Balloons!" Ella jumped up and down making Lili laugh.

„What do you think are we gonna do with it?" She bit her lip nervously and Ella shrugged her shoulders.

„Okay. I'll write daddy some notes, which we will put into the balloons. And then we will spread them in our house. Daddy needs to find them. And in the end, there will be a note saying that you're gonna get a little brother or sister."

„Exciting!" Ella yelled happily.

Lili continued to smile to herself the entire time.

Ella watched her as she was writing the notes. She could not read yet that's why Lili read what she wrote out loud.

Ella was agreeing even though she did not understand a lot yet.

So Lili folded the piece of paper and put it into the balloon.