christmas special!! (flashforward pt. 2)

The December air was chilly-not cold-but cool enough to find myself shivering under my sweater as I made my way up the stairs of my mom's front porch.

Liam trailed behind me, a basket of freshly baked buns resting in his hands.

The smell of the turkey filled my nostrils as we approached the front door, the quiet hum of conversation meeting my ears as I pushed open the front door, Liam and I entering into the coziness of the house.

Chris Argent was seated on the couch, a beer in hand as he watched a Christmas movie on television.

A smile came to my face, despite it only being mere hours since I had last seen him. Liam and I had slept at my moms last night, a tradition I refused to give up. We had opened presents with her, Argent, Scott and Malia, before making leave so we could attends Liam's mom's Christmas lunch.

A few hours later and here we were back at my mother's house.

"Working hard, Chris?" I teased, moving into the living room, Liam right behind me.

Chris grinned as he tilted his beer toward the kitchen. "Your mother kicked me out."

I playfully rolled my eyes as I turned, taking the buns from Liam. "You can sit down." I offered, "I'll grab you a beer."

Liam's face fell slightly. "You don't want help?" he questioned, his eyes travelling to where my mother was bustling around the kitchen.

I shook my head, leaning over to press a kiss to his cheek. "She'll just kick you out too." I explained.

"It's true." Scott chimed in, him and Malia making their way into the house. "I haven't been allowed in the kitchen since I was 16."

I snickered, looking over to my older brother. "That's because you burnt the mashed potatoes...and the green beans...and the-"

"—Okay!" Scott exclaimed, "We get it."

I let out a loud laugh as I grabbed the dessert out of Scott's hands. "Lyds and Stiles are on their way." I announced to my brother, knowing he was probably wondering where his best friend was. "Lydia texted and said they're running behind because Stiles had a meltdown over the casserole he attempted to make."

"Sounds about right." Liam agreed as he moved toward the couch, all of us laughing at the thought of Stiles and his newfound love at (attempting) to cook.

The laughter could still be heard from the living room as I joined my mom in the kitchen, pressing a quick kiss to her cheek. "Smells amazing, mom."

She grinned over at me, brushing her hair out of her face in a fluster. "Thanks, Syd. You look beautiful." she beamed, "I look like a wreck. I've had no time to get ready."

"Well then go," I prodded. "I can handle things down here."

My mom looked at me unsure. "Are you positive?"

I nodded, grabbing the spoon out of her hand. "I've got this. Take your time."

She gave me a grateful smile as she rushed out of the kitchen and up the stairs.

I let out a quiet chuckle, taking the spot in front of the stove where my mom had just been.

"You look good when you cook."

I felt myself jump, my free hand flying to my chest as I turned to look at my grinning fiancé. "You scared me." I panted. "I thought I told you that we didn't need any help?"

Liam nodded as he wrapped an arm around my waist, leaning down to rest his chin on my shoulder. "Yeah, but I saw your mom leave so I figured it was safe to come in."

I playfully rolled my eyes as I turned to face him. "How thoughtful of you."

"WE'RE HERE!" Came Stiles' booming voice as he and Lydia entered the house, Sheriff following behind the two with a grin.

As Lydia and Sheriff greeted everyone, Stiles marched toward the kitchen like he was on a mission.

"Syd, I have delivered the green bean casserole all in one piece." he announced, setting the dish down on the counter in front of me

"Liam, hands to yourself bud." he ordered, quickly changing the subject as his eyes quickly turned to Liams hand that was currently resting on my waist.

I scoffed, reaching out to shove Stiles. "Give it up Stiles. It's been eight years."

Stiles narrowed his eyes at me as he turned toward the living room. "Just because it's been eight years doesn't mean I need to see him manhandling you!" he called.

Liam's face reddened as everyone in the living room looked toward us with amused looks.

"Why is it that he's more protective of you than your actual brother when it comes to me?" Liam whispered.

I let out a laugh and shook my head. "I wish I could tell you."

The rest of the night was full of laughter and good food.

All of us had gathered around the table, something we had done for years now. Despite the fact that we were all getting older, we still found the time to come together on certain occasions.

Christmas had always been my favourite holiday. For years after my dad left it had just been my mom, Scott and I who celebrated together, sometimes Stiles and the Sheriff joined us too. But now, as our house was full of my family, I couldn't imagine it any other way.

So, later that night as Liam and I lay in bed, the topic could not leave my mind.

"I can't wait until we have kids running around on Christmas." I thought aloud, my eyes moving from where they had been focused on the ceiling toward Liam.

He looked over at me from his phone, a small smile coming to his face. "Me neither." he agreed, reaching out to grab my hand. "You'll be the best mom."

I smiled, "And you'll be the best dad."

Slowly, a smirk spread across Liam's face. "I think what I'm hearing is that we should just start trying to have kids now?"

A lord laugh flew from my lips as he pulled me toward him. "Slow your roll." I instructed.

"What?" Liam asked as innocently as he could. "It can't hurt to practice some more."

I rolled my eyes as I tried to stop my laughing. "Stiles will really kill you when he finds out you're the father of my children."

Liam's eyes widened as he shook his head. "Let's just not tell him."

"I think he'll know."

As we slowly fell into a comfortable silence, I laid my head onto Liam's chest. "Merry Christmas, Liam." I murmured, listening to his heartbeat. "I love you."

Liam lightly ran his fingers through my hair. "Merry Christmas, Syd. I love you more."

And as I fell asleep on that Christmas night, I could not have been happier.

-an-
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE TO ALL OF YOU WHO CELEBRATE! here is a quick little christmas chapter for you all. I hope you enjoyed checked in on our little babies as they continue through their life together.

I miss them and you guys!!!

love you all

-maddy xoxox