47.

I sat at the dining room table, trying to complete my homework. However, I found myself distracted.  Something was bothering me, something wasn't right. Beside the fact that Theo was building a Chimera army, something else was wrong.

"Scott?" I called as my brother came thumping down the stairs, his bike helmet in hand. "I need to talk to you." I announced.

Scott turned to look at me, his face conflicted, "Can it wait?" he pleaded,  "I've got to get over to the hospital."

"Tell me what's going on." I demanded standing up from my chair. "Ever since that thing with Theo happened I've seen you for all of five minutes, and now I want to know what's going on."

He shook his head, letting out a low sigh, "Syd-"

"Scott," I begged, taking a step closer to him, "Don't hide things from me, please."

My brother let out another sigh, closing his eyes for a moment before finally deciding to tell me what had been going on.  "It's not over."

"What's not over?" I questioned, already becoming intrigued.

"The last Chimera wasn't actually the last one." he explained, giving me a slightly worried look. 

I furrowed my brows as I looked at my brother. "I mean I know what Theo did but-"

"It wasn't Theo." Scott interrupted, "He's just building off of what they created. The Doctors, they made one final experiment, one that wasn't a failure."

I digested the information given to me before speaking, "So Theo was telling the truth." I whispered, more intended for myself than my brother. 

Despite how quietly I spoke, Scott heard me and stared at me inquisitively. "When were you talking to Theo?" he demanded, his voice already angered.

I clenched my jaw at the thought, "He cornered me the other day at school." I explained, "Told me that he wasn't the real enemy here."

My brother let out a small grunt. "I hate to say it, but he's right." Scott explained, "There's something bigger out there, literally and figuratively."

I scrunched up my face in confusion. What was out there. "What is it then?" I inquired, leaning up against the side of the couch. 

Scott readjusted the grip on the helmet that he was holding, "Did you hear about that maintenance guy that was killed over at the water plant?" he questioned, waiting for me to nod before he continued,  "It killed him."

"Scott," I whispered,  "What is it."

"It  is the beast." 

And then he left, leaving me standing in the living room feeling like I was apart of some dramatic mystery novel.

---

As I walked through the halls of school the next day everything felt different. After what Scott had told me I felt more on edge than ever. The pack had fought many things; The Kanima, The Darach, a Pack of Alpha Werewolves, and let's not forget the Benefactor and Deadpool battle, but "The Beast"  sounded scary enough to have me terrified for my life.

Scott seemed to sense my worry as he looked down at me, "It's going to be okay." He promised.

No it's not.

An announcement sounding over the PA system seemed to verify my worries. "By order of the Sheriff, a county wide curfew goes into effect tonight at sundown. All after school activities are cancelled until further notice. Students should go directly home at the end of the school day."