21.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Scott asked for the tenth time, his eyes worried as he hovered over me. 

"I'm fine, Scott" I reassured as I swung my legs over the side of the bed. 

After a week of being in the hospital I was finally okay to go home. I hadn't seen Liam since the day we kissed. He had left that day and never came back and hadn't responded to any of my texts either, as far as I knew he was avoiding me.

"Everything okay?" Scott asked, sitting beside me on the bed once he noted my change in emotion. I was embarrassed at the prospect that Liam now wanted nothing to do with me, but that was not a problem I wanted to burden my brother with.

"Yeah, I'm fine" I lied pushing myself onto my feet. Scott grabbed my stuff and helped me into the wheelchair. As he wheeled me out of the hospital, the only thing on my mind was Liam. 

---

I opened my eyes as we pulled into our driveway, lifting my head from where it had been resting against the window as my mom shut off the car. She barely had it in park by the time Scott was out of the vehicle and rushing to my door. 

I gave him a small smile as he helped me out of the car, pain gripping my body as he helped me stand.  "Slow down Syd, we have all day" Scott joked as we slowly walked up the front steps. 

I rolled my eyes before shooting him a smile as Scott unlocked the front door. The minute he pushed it open, a gasp escaped my lips.

"WELCOME HOME SYD!" I was met with cheers as I entered the house, causing my heart to swell. A huge smile came to my face as I looked around at the people standing in our living room; Sophia, Malia, Lydia, Kira, Stiles, Derek, Braeden, kids from school...the list went on. But despite my joy over my friends that were here, I felt my heart sinking over the fact that a particular face wasn't here-Liam.

Scott must have noticed the way my smile fell ever so slightly as he leaned into me, "If you want to rest, I can ask them to leave." he whispered, his eyes studying mine. 

I shook my head, plastering the smile back onto my face, "I want them here."

---

Our little 'party had been going on for about 2 hours and my eyes had stayed glued to the door hoping it would open and Liam would come waltzing in and everything would go back to normal.  But even I knew that wasn't going to happen.

I threw out the rest of my dinner and headed up to my room, hoping no one would see me leave. Luckily no one saw me, and if they did they didn't say anything about it. 

I had just managed to lay down in bed when a knock came at my door. I let out a small grunt of pain as I pushed myself into a seated position, "Come in!" I yelled, under the assumption that it was my mom or Scott here to check on me. 

However, as the door opened, I was quite surprised to see Liam making his way toward me. A look of surprised covered my face as he entered. 

"Hey," he sheepishly muttered. He sounded nervous that was for sure. 

I kept my gaze locked on him, "What are you doing here?" I quietly asked, watching as he let out a shaky sigh.

"Can I sit?" he questioned, motioning toward my bed. I nodded, pulling my feet closer to me so he had room to sit down. 

Silence settled among us for a moment before Liam finally spoke, "I'm so sorry, Syd." he breathed, his sad eyes looking up to meet mine,"I'm sorry I haven't been around these last few days, I -"

"-Kissing me was a mistake wasn't it?" I blurted. The second the words left my mouth I regretted them.

Liam furrowed his brow in confusion, "I didn't come back to see you because I was embarrassed," he admitted, "I have liked you since that day I saw you in the stands at our tryouts." he paused for a moment, letting out a small sigh, "I've been trying to find the words to say to you, that's why I've been gone." "

My heart was pounding in my chest as I stared back at him, "Did you find them?" I whispered. 

He nodded, reaching out to take my hand, "You make my life better," he began, giving me a small smile, "And being your friend has made me so happy, but-" a nervous sigh came from his lips, "I don't want to just be your brother's beta, and I don't want you to just be my alpha's little sister." he explained, "I want us to be more."

I couldn't resist the smile that spread across my face, "You mean you want me to be your girlfriend?" I grinned, watching as Liam did the same. 

He let out a laugh, leaning forward to press a kiss to my lips, "That's exactly what I want."