48.

"There's four steps." Stiles announced taking a deep breath, "We get into Eichen, we get into the closed unit, we get Lydia, and we get out."

I chewed on the inside of my cheek, trying to figure out a way that we could actually pull this off. I wanted nothing more than to get Lydia out of Eichen House. When I heard her mother had put her in that place I was furious, not as mad as Stiles, but close.

We wanted to get Lydia out as soon as possible for obvious reasons, such that she was our friend and that place was horrible- that was our main motive. But the underlying reason was also held in the fact that we couldn't defeat the Beast without her. 

"And we have to do all of this while getting past orderlies, guards, electronic door locks and a mountain ash barrier." Scott pointed out.

I let out a sigh as did Liam, this was going to be a lot harder than I thought.

"You have a plan for all that?" Malia confirmed.

Stiles held up a key card, "Stole this last night off an orderly." he said giving all a bit of hope that this would be easier, "But it's useless cause they reset the cards each night." he mumbled.

"So why'd you take it?" Kira asked.

"Getting to that." Stiles replied pocketing the card.

"They only way to get Lydia out of Eichen is to get that card to work again." Scott explained.

"How are we going to do that?" Liam questioned.

"I'm getting to that, just hold on." Stiles answered looking down at his laptop for a moment and then turning it so it was facing the 4 of us, "I pulled all the history off of the key card. Two weeks there was a brown out, security system rebooted. During a reboot all the key cards are revert back to a default code, so if we trigger a reboot-"

"The card goes back to the default code and it works again." I mumbled finishing Stiles' sentence. 

Stiles pointed at me, a small grin coming to his face as he nodded in approval.  "Exactly."

"How are we going to cause a brown out?" Kira wondered from where she stood around the kitchen island.  

"That's your part." Scott told her, "You're going to draw power from the main line, but only enough to cause the brown out."

"Not a black out." Stiles emphasized, "You do that, you send Eichen into lockdown, which would be bad. Very bad."

"There's an electrical room behind the reception counter." Scott pointed out the room on the map of Eichen house that we had laid out on the counter, "The main power line goes into two breakers that run power to all of Eichen."

"Okay, slight problem." Kira said letting out a breathy laugh, "I don't know how to do that."

"That's okay, you have time to practice." Scott reassured his girlfriend.

"Okay, let's say this all goes perfectly. How does a brown out get us in to the closed unit of Eichen?" Malia asked.

"The system takes five minutes to reboot and in that five minutes all the alarms will be turned off. The key card should work." Stiles explained.

"Liam, you and I get Stiles and Sydney to the door of the closed unit, but after that they're own their own. We can't get passed the mountain ash barrier." Scott laid out the game plan as I looked around at the faces of my friends, anxiety was evident on all of them. "And while we're gone, all anyone is going to think is that there was a reboot of the  security system caused by a brownout."

"Uh anyone questions?" Stiles asked, reminding me too much of a teacher.

"How do we get into Eichen in the first place?" Liam asked.