chapter 11: The Sue Sylvester Shuffle pt. 1

It was a big week for Violet Anthony. The championship game is coming up AND the Cheerios' regional where her choreography would be featured. It should be exciting, but right now, Violet was just insanely frustrated. Coach Sue changed the routine 3 times over already because it wasn't exciting enough. This version was exciting enough for it to get through to the actual cheerleaders.

Violet was standing next to Coach Sue and Becky Jackson where they were viewing the routine that Violet came up with (with Coach Sue's suggestions of boobs, fire, and extreme sports). The cheerleaders started the "California Gurls" routine clad in their blue wigs. The performers actually pulled off the routine amazingly well. Violet was glad that they worked with fire so well, and it seemed like no one was burned.

Once the routine was done, Violet was about to clap, but the Sue grabbed and megaphone, and said into it, "I'm bored." Violet was incredibly offended by this notion. "Ladies, I am at a loss. Brittany, please remind me of I single-handedly put cheerleading on the map."

"In 1979, you directed a made-for-TV movie about the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders called The Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader."

"That is correct. And in the meantime, what's changed?"

Quinn remarked sarcastically, "What's changed is I have completely lost interest, and ladies, I blame you. Becky? More silicone falsies." Violet rolled her eyes. First, she makes fun of Santana's boobs, and now she's making her entire team stuff their bras.

"You will each enhance your bust with an additional pair of chicken cutlets, in an attempt to add some jiggle to what is the most boring routine I have ever witnessed." Becky started passing out actual chicken cutlets from a bucket.

Quinn tried to reason with Sue, "But Coach Sylvester, this is the most elaborate routine the Cheerios have ever done. We're shoo-ins at Regionals next week, and we're the favorite to win at Nationals."

Violet added, "I even asked you for everything you wanted and every element is in that routine. There's fire, there are extreme sports, there are even boobs!"

Sue then said into her megaphone, "And yet, I am still so very bored

Sue then said into her megaphone, "And yet, I am still so very bored." She then put down the device. "Even things I used to think were hilarious... Case in point. Sandbags, slap yourself with a chicken cutlet." Santana sighed and then followed directions, "Now slap Brittany." Brittany was then slapped. "See? Not even a chuckle."

Quinn explained, "The problem is you keep trying to make a bigger and bigger spectacle. No matter how hard we try, we can't make a routine work unless you find a way to make it interesting for you. You have to find a way to top yourself."

This notion gave an evil glint in Sue Sylvester's eye, "Q, you just may have a point. But to be sure, slap yourself with a chicken cutlet."

"