chapter 92: What the World Needs Now pt. 1

You better lock your phone
And look at me when you're alone
Won't take a lot to get you goin'
I'm sorry if it's torture though
I know, I know

~Billie Eilish, Billie Bossa Nova

"Would you stop staring at your phone and feeling guilty?" Mercedes rolled her eyes as Santana placed the popcorn before her, Brittany, and Violet

Santana snatched Violet's phone from her hands, making the youngest girl pout even more. She proceeded to lock Violet out of her own phone, "This is for your own good. We haven't had a girls night since we all officially got home from tour, and we've got to catch up without Trouty Mouth distracting you."

Violet deadpanned, "So you guys decided the best course of action is to ambush us at our own house, forcibly kick him out, and then demand a slumber party."

"I thought it was a brilliant plan. Though, I still think we should've just tied him up and thrown him outside," Brittany shrugged as she popped some popcorn into her mouth.

Mercedes shook her head at her lead dancer's antics, "Besides, Sam is crashing with his parents with McConaughey. He's fine!"

"Why couldn't you guys have scheduled something like normal people?" Vi huffed.

Violet normally wouldn't be this frustrated at her girls. She was genuinely excited to see them and would've laughed at their antics if not for their timing. When Santana picked the lock to the backdoor and let the other girls inside, Violet was upstairs with her lips on Sam's neck and a hand down his pants.

Thankfully, McConaughey gave the couple enough warning of the intruders to get them looking decent, but it took less than five minutes for them to get Sam to gather all of his and their dog's things before they were kicked out.

So Violet was still a little –very– bitter that her fun with Sam was interrupted, not that she'd say anything to the girls.

"Since when are we normal?" Santana questioned. "Plus, the wedding is coming up, so we have to talk about that."

Vi looked at the couple with slight disbelief in her eyes, "You guys are getting married this quickly?"

Santana replied, "Well, you know what they say about long engagements?"

Brittany answered her fiancée's rhetorical question, "That it's a sign that one of them is a spy for the commies." All three girls looked at the blonde with varying degrees of disbelief. "Sue told me that."

The other half of the couple rolled her eyes, "Of course. Why am I not surprised?" But then she got back on topic, "We decided to get Artie to plan the wedding. Because even though he's bossy as hell, he's a good director with a vision."

Violet agreed, "He's good at what he does."

"Yeah, well, we're still in the beginning phases of planning, but we really wanted to get together because..." Santana's voice trailed off as she looked at Brittany expectantly.