chapter 70: A Katy or a Gaga

I just wanna see how
beautiful you are
You know that I see it
I know you're a star
Where you go I follow
No matter how far
If life is a movie
Oh you're the best part

~H.E.R ft. Daniel Caesar, Best Part

After weeks of a thick cloud of grief taking space within the choir room, slowly, but surely, it started to dissipate

After weeks of a thick cloud of grief taking space within the choir room, slowly, but surely, it started to dissipate. Now, all of the Glee kids were messing around in the choir room, waiting for Mr. Schue to come in and start.

Ryder was playing with the drum set. Marley and Unique were looking at the New Directions' past trophies and pictures. Tina and Kitty were looking at pictures on Kitty's phone. Sam was rolling around the xylophone on wheels, and Blaine and Artie were messing around on the piano.

The only person that was missing was Violet, who happened to walk in while staring intently at her phone. She was so fixated on the small screen that she was snapped back into reality when she accidentally ran into Sam who looked at her strangely.

"Hey, you okay? You're never that into your phone."

Violet grinned, "Yeah, I just managed to snag tickets to a concert, and I'm so excited."

Sam's face was beaming, "A concert? Is it like Paramore or something? Can I come?"

"Sam, I'd love for you to come, but you wouldn't enjoy it at all."

"What are you talking about? I love Paramore! We jam out in the car all the time," Sam refuted.

Violet corrected him, "It's not Paramore. I'm going to see Three Days Grace, and if memory serves me right, you didn't really like their music."

"Yeah, well I just don't get how you can hate everything about someone and still love someone? Like that doesn't make sense to me. And all of their music's so angry," Sam explained.

Violet chuckled slightly, "You're just not used to this because your favorite genre is Country. Plus, being confused about how you feel is the point of the song. Anyways, it's okay. I kinda figured that you wouldn't want to come, which is why I didn't ask."

Sam asked, "Are you still down to hang out some other time though?"

"Of course," Violet smiled.

Mr. Schue then entered the room with a confident stride, "Alright, big week, guys. Come on. Gather round. I have here in my hand– drumroll, please– a secret list of the show choirs that we will be in competition with at Nationals in six weeks."

The club looked impressed by this, but Violet had a feeling that she knew what was coming. She hadn't really thought about them in weeks, but she knew that Throat Explosion would definitely come up.