chapter 93: Transitioning pt. 3

Rain came pouring down
When I was drowning,
that's when I could finally breathe
And by morning
Gone was any trace of you,
I think I am finally clean

~Taylor Swift, Clean

The end of the week rapidly approached

The end of the week rapidly approached. Violet didn't even realize it was Friday until Sam treated her to breakfast in bed, and she asked about the occasion. He wanted to make this day as great as possible for her, so she could be as stress-free as possible.

And for the most part, Violet had a great and fulfilling day at work. Today, the last group of glee kids performed their performances for 'Transitioning' week. While Violet was slightly disappointed that they stuck with their usual singing partners or solos, she was overjoyed when the girls came up to talk about the Unholy Trinity formation.

Jane was still struggling to reach out to other people aside from Roderick to do a number, and Violet noticed how codependent Madison was to Mason. But, with a little push from Kitty, they asked for the choreographer's help. They didn't have a clue as to how to emulate the iconic Unholy Trinity, so Violet decided to write a number for them to practice.

This was exactly what she wanted out of the assignment.

Despite it being sprung on her at the last minute, she was glad that her other co-directors went in this direction. The students were pushing their own boundaries and becoming a more cohesive group. Kitty was leading the charge, and she wasn't plagued with what-could've-beens.

Violet was excited about this new era of New Directions.

So, like Sam wanted, Violet was happy and stress-free that day.

Well, that is, until he instructed Santana and Brittany to distract her until 8pm.

The couple's method of distraction was last-minute wedding planning. Violet was now absolutely sure that if she and Sam were to ever get married, they would elope.

The couple had surprisingly different tastes, and while Brittany would usually accommodate Santana, she was actually a bridezilla of sorts. Thankfully enough, Santana wasn't as difficult as her bride-to-be and actually found Britt's actions to be adorable.

Violet did not.

"Britt, I think Sam wants us to be back at our house soon–"

"But I'm still stuck on the type of lighting. The barn has those gross lightbulbs, and I want this to be romantic."

Violet sighed, "I'm just concerned about how much it'll matter in the long run because your wedding's during the day–"

Santana just covered Violet's mouth and smiled at Britt sweetly, "I think we'll get a better idea of the best lighting when we go visit the barn on Sunday. So we might as well head to Vi's house, right?"