chapter 77: City of Angels pt. 1

And now the purple dusk
of twilight time
Steals across the meadows
of my heart
High up in the sky
the little stars climb
Always reminding me
that we're apart

~Nat King Cole, Stardust

Violet kneeled at Finn's grave, dusting off the headstone, and setting down a new bouquet of flowers

Violet kneeled at Finn's grave, dusting off the headstone, and setting down a new bouquet of flowers. It was dawn, and Violet had to get to school soon, but she wanted to stop by to see Finn first.

"I know I haven't seen you this past week, but I think you'd understand because we were really buckling down with Nationals prep. We're actually flying out today. We're all heading to the airport after we meet up at school, but I just wanted to say bye first, and hope that somehow, someway, you can impart some wisdom onto me because I'm actually kind of worried."

She sat down and played with the petals of the flowers, "Natasha, my ex, is still sending me videos of our competition, and they're really good. And the thing is, I know we're good too, but I'm just hoping that it's enough. This year has been so tough that I really want this win for us. Not just because it's my senior year, but because I know Sue's gonna be a hardass about this."

"I talked to Sue about potentially losing just as a safety measure, but she's not budging on the whole 'we need to win first' thing, so the program's definitely gonna get cut if we don't win, and I just don't want to have the underclassmen experience that. You saw how disjointed everyone was without Glee."

Violet sighed, "I wish you were here. I wish you were here to see what we're gonna do because it's all for you. We realized that you were the missing piece to Nationals and so we're dedicating our entire performance to you, the guy who brought us together more times than we can count."

Violet's alarm then sounded, "Shit. I have to go and drive to school." She got up from the ground and brushed herself off before looking at his name one last time, "Wish us luck, Finn."

Violet then drove to McKinley. She took her small suitcase out of her car and stared at the building. She really couldn't believe that she'd be graduating soon. She couldn't believe that a club she cared so little for initially, a club that she actively tried to not be apart of, is one of the things she'd miss most about the Ohio high school.

Her next flight out was the start to the end of her chapter here at McKinley, the chapter that she started when she stepped into the school her sophomore year. Frankly, Violet didn't know if she was ready to say goodbye to everyone, but time didn't wait for anyone.

So Violet walked into the school and straight to Mr. Schue's office where the teacher called her and Sam to come into his office before Glee. Sam and Mr. Schue were already sitting there when Violet came into the room.

"Hey, what's this about?" Violet asked, and Mr. Schue just gestured for her to sit down next to Sam.

Sam looked at Mr. Schue, "Um, I just want to let you know that even though I've kind of, like, checked out of school since I'm not going to college, I'm totally committed to Glee Club, you know. I've had Vi and Blaine drilling me, like nonstop on the rights and lefts of the choreography."