chapter 93: Transitioning pt. 2

I could spend a thousand nights
Right here inside this room
Swear the only one I want is you
And it doesn't matter what we do
We could have nothing at all
And it'd still feel like nothing's missing

~LANY, dancing in the kitchen

"Do you know anything about fire pits? Sam wants to have one installed and tried to apply for a permit, but since the house is under my name, I had to file it

"Do you know anything about fire pits? Sam wants to have one installed and tried to apply for a permit, but since the house is under my name, I had to file it. I don't even know if he knows how to install one."

After a long Monday, Violet and Sheldon decided to walk to their cars together after dealing with their respective after-school obligations.

Coach questioned, "A fire pit?"

Violet furrowed her eyebrows in confusion as she tried to recall everything, "Yeah... ya know how Sam was supposed to join us for lunch, but he couldn't go? I think that's when he was looking at fire pits because he asked me if I could help him."

Beiste moved past the sudden circumstances, "Well, you can get a really easy premade one, but if you want some good quality stuff that'll last years, then I'd suggest you get one custom-made. There are some guys around here that'll do it. I have some buddies that could get you a discount."

The raven-haired girl contemplated the offer, "Hmm, I'll have to talk to Sam about that. It sounds like he wants it sooner rather than later... Maybe we can get a fire pit built later on?"

"Why does he want it so soon, pumpkin?"

She shrugged, "I have no idea. Maybe–"

But the words fizzled out in her throat when they stepped in front of their cars. Sheldon's car was completely vandalized with jockstraps, toilet paper, and the words 'COACH TRANNY' in shaving cream on full display.

Sheldon's mouth was agape at first until his face morphed into one of resignation. Violet, on the other hand, was seething. She swore that whichever transphobic McKinley student did this would pay. So she took pictures of the car as evidence, but as she did so, a group of kids speeding through the McKinley parking lot honked and hollered in their direction. She quickly took pictures of the likely culprits before she could even process who they were.

But as soon as she went to review the photos, Violet clenched her jaw.

"Fucking Vocal Adrenaline."

"What?" Sheldon asked, in utter disbelief that Will's kids would do this. "Are you sure?"

Violet showed him the picture, "100% positive. That guy holding the bottle of shaving cream is Vocal Adrenaline's frontman. I remember all of them from Sue's Invitational."

"B-But why would they do that? I don't even have a connection to that school. Carmel doesn't have a football team."

"I guess that they know you're important to the New Directions or at least Schue. So they're probably fucking with us or him or both, but either way, this isn't okay. This needs to be reported."