Chapter 21

Song: Awake by Secondhand Serenade

Aryann POV

I landed with a thud in a barren land. I can make out the towering fortress on my right. I was sure this is Neiru from the landscape in front of me to the red foliages behind me. It's almost sunset the perfect time to infiltrate the formidable castle.

"Now what? You have no strength left. Don't tell me you plan to just barge in there expecting your father to just hand over the hostages to you." Jiane commented obviously unpleased by my impulsiveness.

" We need a plan. I heard they have slaves from different realms we can pretend to be one with the glamour spell." I replied trying so hard not to argue with her. Now is not the right time.

" We need to rest and replenish our energy. I'm starving." She whined.

" Fine, let's try to hunt in the forest. Gods what am I thinking. Creed will be so worried by now. " I ditched the heels and tore my skirt for more mobility.

"Shh. We have company." Jiane perked up.

I jumped in the nearest branch I can grab on.

Three dragon shifters came to view two of them were dragging what looked like elves, a boy and a girl.  They were wearing rags but it didn't changed the fact that they were beautiful.

" I have been waiting for this moment". The shifter smiled wickedly as he tore the girl's clothes. She cried out in horror while the boy was struggling to help.

" Maya! Don't touch her damn you!" He cried trying to reach for her.

" Watch as we enjoy your mate's sweet little pussy. I will be very happy to break her innocence besides you can not join the alignment ceremony anymore since the dragon Lord made sure of that." The other shifters joined the laughter.

" They need our help Jiane. Please" I pleaded to my beast.

" Fine. They obviously are guardians. We could use some intel. We need to finish the fight as fast as we can before we draw attention." I nodded.

I swiftly landed behind the unsuspecting shifters and slit their throats with the black dagger.

"Handy." Jiane complimented licking her lips.

I turned to the last one holding the girl.

"And for you I have something special." He was shocked and outraged. He ditched the girl on the ground and attempted transform.

" You will pay!  Ahhh-"

My sword struck his chest in lightning speed. He turned into dust before he even realized.

"Wren!", The girl ran to her mate's arms and cried.

"Thank you, we owe you our lives. How can we ever repay you?" The boy said in the verge of tears.

" I am Aryann. I need to rescue my mother from the dragon lord. Can you help me sneak in the castle?" I asked as I displaced the sword into thin air.

"We can try, but first we need to get back in the slave camp before the curfew or the other prisoners will die. We are in charge of them. There's only a few hundreds of us left." Wren stated seriously.

"Wren we need to heal her. I can sense her power was drained out from the forced portal jump." Maya wiped hers tears as she turned to me.

"That would be really helpful, thank you. But we need to get out of here first. The flying guards might spot us." I smiled to the blonde elf. She's really curvy and adorable. I just noticed Jiane has similar pointy ears like them.