Chapter 14

Creed's POV

"Love step away from him.
He's not on his right mind, he has been corrupted." I mind linked my mate while barking orders to my men around the property.

It's good that the children were secured in the castle and the mages were working on the wards around it.

I felt my body vibrating ready to transform and pounce. It's been so long that I had a real battle and my beast was hungry for some blood. He growled and walked with anticipation, but I can not transform while my mate was still here.

Angus, who I presumed the child's father came bounding in his gray wolf form together with some warriors and my Queen's servants, in their armors.

"Your majesty, I'm very sorry my son caused the queen some pain. Let me take responsibility and receive his punishment." He went down on his knees and bowed, never making any eye contact.

"We will discuss this later, we have our hands full for now. Take the child and the queen to the safety of the castle." I commanded lowly.

" Yes, my king." He moved fast towards my mate but a dark barrier prevented him from getting near them. Some of my men also came barrelling towards it but it won't budge.

"What the f*ck is this! Aryann is in there. She needs us.!" Charleston roared inside me.
"It's a barrier Char, Mirayan magic. Get ready to come out." I gritted my teeth bracing for familiar pain of transforming.
He licked his lips. "Out for blood."

Aryann's POV
Papay! Papay is alive but wait he was different. I heard Creed's said in mind so I had to be cautious and I had a wounded child in my arms. " There, help is coming you need to remove the rock on his leg and heal him, before he loose so much blood." Jiane informed me.

"We can heal someone?" I blinked at her surprised.
She didn't answer and just proceeded to cut our palm and pour drops of blood on the child's broken leg.

Papay came close to us then raised his hand towards the warriors. A barrier rose higher from the sand surrounded us.

"So was the king of mutts treating you well princess?" He smiled. I moved my face when he tried to carress my cheek. His hand then harshly turn my chin to face him.

"I am talking to you. Don't ignore me or the child dies." He whispered gently but firmly.
I forced myself to make eye contact. "I'm sorry Papay." I greeted my teeth
"Good girl. See that wasn't so bad, was it? He then patted my hair.

"What brought you here?" I eyed his every move. I'm beating myself for being vurnerable at the moment. The child needs my protection. He's slowly healing but still unconscious.

"I wanted to see you! Don't you miss me Princess? His voice was gentle but his eyes spoke differently, as if he was angry at me. "Your real father sent me here to fetch you so you can meet."

From the barrier I could hear loud banging.
"Love, I'm coming but you need to cover yourself especially your eyes. Remember the rule?" Creed linked me a little breathless.

"Ok I will, be careful." I answered back. Meanwhile Papay kept talking and I was just nodding absentmindedly.

"I never got the chance of love because of you!"

That caught my attention. "I spent all my life taking care of you and serving queen Amethyst, your mother. The Gods never heard my prayers for a mate. It's time for a change.
We need to replace those Gods. Selfish bastards."

" You, me, and your father and all of us that went through hell because of them. Remember your life when you were on human realm? You are Kaayu's grand daughter but he let you suffer. Both of us struggled to survived in the lowest realm. They never attempted to look for you. Come with me, Princess." He goes on with so much bitterness.

"You're father suffered so much more before this gift came. You should really talk to him in person. He's longing to see you together with your mother."

I was stunned. "Queen Amethyst is alive! My mother?" I all but wept inside.
" We can never be sure, Aryann. Don't believe him. He's corrupted!" Jiane advised me.

"In my count, one, two, three!" It's Creed. The barrier broke. A Blizzard . A terrifying roar. I enclosed myself and Aidan within my wings. I turned my back on the fight so I won't be tempted to peek.

A snout nudge my foot while the fight still goes on. The grey wolf from before appeared and he linked me.
"My queen, let's get you and my son out of here." I just nodded. My servants and some warriors surrounded us.

" Creed don't kill Papay, please. He said Amethyst is alive we have to get more information." I linked him.

" We can never be sure about that. Just get yourself to the castle. okey? And yes I promise not to kill him for now. Get yourself ready for later. We're not yet done talking."

I shivered from the tone he used. I remembered the sensation when he stole kisses from me from time to time. When I was reading in the castle library. When we attended a party in nearby kingdom.

He just appeared out of nowhere and snatch me in a dark corner, kissed me senseless then walk off like nothing happened with a satisfied smirk on his face leaving me breathless, hot and bothered.

" Your highness, are you okey? You look all red. I said hand me the kid so I can bring him in the healers room."
I was shaken by my servant looking worriedly at my face.

"No. No. I was fine. Here. Te-take him." I'm now blushing off embarrassment.
"Get a grip girl!" , Jiane snickered in my head.

"This is all your fault! You always have the perfect timing." I slammed our link fast.
"B*tch." I rolled my eyes with her antics.

~~~•~~~
VOTE
COMMENTS
SHARE