Chapter 23

Aryann POV
I swear I felt a sweat trickle down my back. He knew. Of course he would. By the sound of the spider bat perched on his chair, I already expected as much. I threw a dagger on its forehead turning its smug self into dust. He did't even bat an eye. He just smirked and dusted off his shoulder.

"My, my, is that a proper way to greet your father Aryann? Aren't you glad to finally see me?" He smirked again making him look younger but sinister. Black eye gleaming with joy and amusement. I would love to wiped that smug face anytime of the day. My skin crawled with disgust.

I let go of my glamour and squared my shoulder.

"A word Nathaniel. Privately."

My scum of a father waved the slaves out, stood up and motioned me to follow him up the stairs. His towering height made me gulp as I gripped on the dagger on my clammy palm.

I noticed the blood red stone on his necklace as he faced me when we arrived to what looked like a prison cell. The putrid scent of blood,piss and rot made my eyes water.

"These are my priced collection. Do you like them?" Nathaniel nonchalantly waved at the shivering children at the far corner of the cell.

There are 8 of them ages 2 to 7. My heart squeezed painfully as I examined their battered and sunken condition. Three boys and five girls. My heart ached in their condition. Malnourished, bruised and wounded state broke my heart.

"They are the heirs of the fallen kingdoms of Neiru. They are royal bloods. How heartless can he be." Jiane cried in despair.

"You heard the deal from my messenger right? You in exchange for them? Let's not have unnecessary bloodshed shall we?"

I turned to face him.

"Where is my mother?" I whispered.

"Ahh, she's here always near my heart." He patted the pendant.

"But I can never be apart from her. She is not part of the deal. We as a family should not be apart won't you agree my princess." He smiled if I didn't know how vile he is I would believe it was a genuine endearing smile.

"We'll have to make another portal. I know It's asking for too much Jiane but it's our only chance. The white dragon can only fly us somewhere around the realm."  I pleaded her.

"I'm ready whenever you are." She hissed her muscles taut ready to pounce anytime.

"Don't sweat it baby girl. This prison is magic proof. You see I have to modify the place to contain powerful heirs in one place so they can't escape." My father's deep voice cut the train of conversation in head.

"In that case I'll resort to this-

I kicked the door of the metal cell to propell me towards my father. He just stepped backwards as I tried to stab his heart with the black dagger. The necklace fell when the lace touched the blade. We fought in lightning speed as either of us was trying to reach for the pendant. I could feel the strain and my energy seeping away.

"Oh shit." I huffed.

It felt like we were fighting for forever when in fact it was only a few minutes. It was clear I was no match to him. I could barely keep up and block all the blows he was giving. Unforgiving. Unrestrained. Unstoppable punches and kicks made me fly like a rag doll. Battered, broken and bloody rag doll.

There was no need for weapons. He was weapon himself.

"I can't hold much longer he's too strong". Jiane whizzed when we bombarded to the wall for the fourth time. Blood was dripping from our cuts.

Despair gripped me as I tried to stand up peering at my unscathed opponent. I regret not saying how much I love Creed when he was around. I fear for his pain if he ever lost me. I fear for my people. Despair ate me when I think about his smiling face. My tears flowed like a river, stinging my cuts on my cheeks.

"Will we ever see him again Jiane?".
No answer just a whimper of pain and guilt.

Another blow on the gut then I doubled on my back spitting blood. My vision blurring. How can I be so reckless. Is this my demise?

"Im sorry Jiane for having a weak counterpart. I dragged you into this. I should've listened. This might be our end and we haven't even got our cherry popped yet". I smiled bitterly at her.

"I know right. We can't even transform to die a dramatic death." She coughed.

"I told you. It doesn't have to be like this. Anyway let's make sure you can't run away when I transfer the shadow to you." He whispered to me as he choked me while I dangled in the air trying to scratch his hand away. He threw me down before breaking my leg like a twig. A piercing cry  fell out of my lips when I felt the agonizing pain.

The children's cries grew louder as they witnessed their only hope fell limp before their eyes. Who would save them now? As their cries began to fade away, as I slipped in and out of consciousness I gripped the blood red stone on my bloody hand.

I've never felt so pathetic in my entire life.
My heart broke once more. Regret and despair gripped my heart. Tears mixing with my blood.

I failed them. Tap.

I failed my mother. Tap.

I failed my mate. Tap.

I failed the realms. Tap.

I failed. Tap.

The stone cracked. Purple mist emitted from the stone. Darkness overcame me.

(Third Person)
A loud horn resonated in the castle. An attack! Followed by boulders of icy rocks falling from the red sky. It looked like meteor shower outside of the tower's window.

"Sukia how dare you!" Nathaniel's booming voice sounded like thunder.

~~~•VOTE•~~~
~~~•COMMENT•~~~
~~~•SHARE•~~~

Hey lovelies, It's been a while. I hope you are all doing great. I don't much to say. I just wanna thank you all for spending some time reading this. We are on the road for 20k.
I love you all.

Take care,
Jinny