Chapter 2

Creed POV

It's been two years since I jumped in the human world. I was bombarded by noises from moving machines of sort, of smokes, and diverse scents that made my head ache, but thank Goddess I was able to adjust since then. That one night of December I could sense her presence.

The moon was shining giving strength to my beast (Charleston) and restlessness settled between us when I sniff the wind from the farthest south.

I burst into sprint to go after that heavenly scent, my beast almost lost control fighting his way out and wanting to claim her that very instant.

I used my super speed to come after the scent but I arrived in sidewalk of the highway full of traveling machines they called cars.

I was lost due to noises and scents that attacked me once again. It took me longer to track the car. All I caught was wisps of red tresses in a black sweater from a distance I couldn't cover in public but my wolf eyes could reach.

"In time my queen, wait a little longer and I can finally touch you and bring you to our home." He whispered. Charleston was a little upset but I assured him he can meet her at the right time.

The silver lining was after a hundred and three years we found her. He settled down with a huff. Finally, a good news I could share with my family back home.

I miss my homeland so much it pained me thinking of the forest and the breeze of Ujilana (werewolf realm). I am the King but you might wonder how I supervise it even from a far.

We had a form of communication through the blue crystal in my necklace. I would appear in the hologram back there as if I was there.

This contained power that could pass through realms that made communication and travelling possible for all guardians of realms like me.

I had given a piece of mine to King Caden and King Marcus,  close friends of mine and two of 7 kings under me.

A small chunk to make communication possible, I had given them the authority while I was away looking for my mate.

Yes, a century was a very long time but for us immortals  it was nothing compared to the gravity that my subjects were not settled with me unmated this long.

My bloodline was too important for the maintenance of peace between realms and Ujilana.

Immortals could never have a child to anyone except their mates. I could not trust my relatives regarding the management of the kingdoms.

I learned the lesson the hard way 55 years ago when I had given that trust to my uncle Geron resulting to 8 packs  slaughtered by corrupted monsters from Miraya.

I was in Yugume (water realm) at that time. Geron committed suicide for he prefered to die alone than my own hands. As of now, the mystery of the attack remained unsolved and the kingdoms were doing just fine thanks to my reliable Council of Kings.

Present
"Mate!". Charleston woke me up from my sitting position under the tree. I sniffed the air and he was right, she's here, spices and wild berries with a hint of something else I couldn't explain assaulted my senses making my heart pound of its cage.

"Calm down, we can't act like we're in Ujilana Char." I scanned the surroundings and spotted a figure in a sweater along the sidewalk speed walking towards my direction.

The only tree in the park near the pathway. I blocked her way and let nature take control.

~~~•~~~
VOTE
COMMENTS
SHARE