Blast from the past

Fallen petals of Daffodils were sprinkled across the surface of a wooden table

Fallen petals of Daffodils were sprinkled across the surface of a wooden table. The corners of the petals curled into themselves, and the once bright yellow colour had turned into a muddy brown. The flower was no longer standing proudly in the glass vase, but rather hanging limply over the edge of the glass as it shed another petal, allowing it join the already fallen ones.

Blood soaked sneakers made their way over to the wooden table, leaving behind a trail of blood. A dirty hand curled around the edge of a chair and lifted it up before turning it around and carrying it across the room. The sneakers stepped onto shards of broken glass, creating a sound of crunching, that mixed together with the eerie silence hanging in the air.

"Tell me, Jungkook." A quiet whisper tangled with the silence as the wooden chair was set down in front of an identical chair. Green eyes flickered up to the tied up boy resting in the wooden chair before the corners of chapped lips lifted into a small smile, "Have you ever seen a Disney movie? Or perhaps a Marvel one?"

Coffee coloured eyes hid behind a hostile glare and rose coloured lips stayed pressed together. Silence fell over the room yet again as Jungkook sat tensely and didn't respond to Katelyn's question. Outside Jungkook may look calm and collected, but inside he was scared and confused. He didn't feel safe being tied to a chair in front of potential danger, nor did he feel safe staring into the familiar eyes of Katelyn.

A soft sigh brushed against Katelyn's lips before she sunk into the chair and laid her arms loosely over the armrests, "The sooner we're done here, the sooner we can go our separate ways." Katelyn's voice wrapped around the sound of her nails drumming against the wooden armrest.

Jungkook's brows pinched together and eyes trailed down to her dirt covered hands. A brow was raised as he eyed the girl resting in the chair- realising that she had changed since the last time he saw her, "I have." Jungkook muttered weakly, eyeing the hint of muscles on Kate's body as she nodded and shifted in the seat.

"You see, real life is kind of like a movie, but not really." Katelyn huffed out a sarcastic laugh, only to abruptly cut herself off and lean forward in her seat. The expression on her face was serious as she peered up at Jungkook from behind her lashes and strands of blonde hair, "Movies usually show only the perspective of the hero, they never focus on the villain or the reason behind who they are."

"Stop talking about movies, I don't give a shit about some stupid heroes or villains. You kidnapped me, let me go or when I get out of these ropes, I will kill you." Jungkook curled his lip into a sneer and tried to lean closer to Kate, only to be stopped by the rope wrapped around his chest.

Ignoring Jungkook's small tantrum completely, Katelyn fell back into her chair and placed her elbow onto the arm rest. She pressed her fingers against her chin and watched Jungkook intensely, "You should care since you're basically a villain yourself." Katelyn's muttered under her breath.