Cannibalism

|Jungkook|

|Jungkook|

   Jungkook trudged through the forest, his feet occasionally stumbling over fallen branches and roots. His face was pulled into a heavy scowl as the cold air nipped at his pale cheeks, turning them a light red colour. He flexed his fingers around the dead rabbit's legs, swinging it back and forth as he walked back to the camp.

After he went off with Daryl to hunt together, the two split up and went their separate ways once again. Sometimes Daryl went with jungkook and taught him some things about hunting and tracking, momentarily distracting Jungkook from the void inside him.

Today was one of those days where he had been trying to hunt something for hours- throwing his knife or even setting up traps to capture oblivious animals, wondering through the forest. And after two hours of trying and trying, and trying, a small rabbit wondered into one of his traps.

Jungkook grumbled under his breath, his nose scrunching up as he pushed through a thick curtain of leaves. A small whoosh reached Jungkook's ears and a brush of air ran over his cheek as an arrow flew past his head and lodged into the tree behind him.

Jungkook yelped, jumping back in alarm before snapping his head in the direction the arrow came from. His wide eyes looked at Daryl with alarm,"Shit." The other hunter murmured, walking over to the boy, looking over him for injuries before grabbing his arrow and swiftly pulling it out of the tree.

"You should be more careful." Daryl scolded gruffly, turning around and walking away from a wide eyed Jungkook.

"Ex...excuse me? You're the one who almost shot me to death!" Jungkook hissed quietly, stomping after Daryl, his grip tightening around the dead rabbit.

Daryl hummed dismissively, sparing a small glance towards the rabbit in Jungkook's hand as they made their way back to their camp,"Caught that?"

Jungkook's anger washed away in a mere second as soon as Daryl questioned about the rabbit he caught,"Yes! Look! All by myself!"

Jungkook sped up so that he was waking next to Daryl and proudly showed off the rather large rabbit. Daryl hummed and gave Jungkook a small nod, "Nice. You'll get even better with time."

Jungkook beamed slightly, his heart fluttering from receiving a praise from someone he admired. Even thought Jungkook drifted apart from the group, he never managed to do it with Daryl.

The boy tried to distance himself so that it would be easier to leave, he really did, but whenever he tried to avoid Daryl and create a drift between them, it was like Daryl knew what Jungkook was doing and immediately destroyed Jungkook's plans by going on a simple hunting trip together or by giving Gguk a few praises and compliments that made the boy feel better.

The two walked in comfortable silence, used to each other's presence and relieved that there wasn't any tension between them.