The compass

"Tae

"Tae..."

"Taehyung...."

"Taehyung.."

"TAEHYUNG!"

A hand grabbed Taehyung by the scruff of his jacket, yanking him back and causing him to fall down to the ground. Taehyung landed with a thud, the sound of hostile growl and snarls immediately flooding into his ears as if a dam had been broken.

Taehyung's eyes flew open and he sucked in a sharp breath, his vision filling with Michonne standing over him and chopping a walker's head off. The walkers, that were previously focused on getting inside the prison, were now turning around and stumbling towards them.

Taehyung scrambled up to his feet, his breathing ragged as he shakily pulled out his knives. A walker launched at him, causing him to serve to the side before lodging the knife in its skull. Another grabbed him from behind, Taehyung releasing a sharp gasp as he jerked his neck away, trying to keep it away from the walker's snapping mouth.

A loud shot rung through the air, the walker latching onto him, falling to the ground with a thud. Taehyung's wide eyes snapped towards the sound of the gunshot, noticing a small boy behind the fence, shooting the walkers around them.

"Come on!" The boy shouted, Taehyung's confusion filled eyes following after him as he ran towards the gate.

Taehyung released a shaky breath, his eyes stopping at Rick, who was marching towards the gates with a blank face. A hand latched onto Taehyung's shoulder, causing him to turn around and push away the walker with all of his strength. The walker toppled over, snarls leaving its mouth as it pushed off of the ground, trying to get back up.

Taehyung's face scrunched up in disgust before he raised his foot and smashed it against the walker's head. He delivered a few more kicks, making sure that the walkers skull was mush, before turning around to run towards the gate.

The sight of Michonne stumbling to the ground unconscious, caused Taehyung to gasp and run towards her with wide eyes. He crouched down next to her, his hands finding their way down to the gash in her thigh, only to see all the blood soaking into her brown pants.

Tae could hear the walkers shuffling behind him, occasional gunshots ringing through his ears when some of them got too close, causing the small boy to shoot them. Despite that, Taehyung only looked up when he heard a gun being cocked before a cold metal pressed against his temple.

"Was she bit?" Rick's familiar voice echoed in his mind, pulling up memories that were stored away with a thick layer of dust covering them. Taehyung's lack of answer, caused Rick to push his gun into the side of his head harsher,"Was she bit?" Rick gritted.