Chapter 28

I turn around, and gasp, taking a step back.

I see the green eyes that I had last seen tear filled. The curly hair I had last seen in a mess. The boy I had last been in love with.

Before I say anything, he's on his feet, coming toward me. I run to him, and he picks me up in his hug.

"I couldn't forget." He says into my ear.

I was speechless. "Wha-"

"What am I doing here?" He asks for me. "How could I miss your dance?"

"No, Harry, I don't think we should. I can't." I stutter.

"Ah, but you can. See?" He pulls out a dress bag from behind the piano. "You have a dress and everything."

I walk over to the dress bag and unzip it. "This is the dress, from my journal. How did you find it? It's perfect!" I exclaim.

"You left your journal at the house. I found it last week-"

"when he finally came out of his room after forever." Liam says walking in with a smile.

"Liam!" I run to him and give him a big hug.

"Ailee Weilee!" Louis yells as he walks through.

"Louis! You're here!." I yell out and hug him too!

"Aileen! It's so great to see you again!"

"It's great to see you too Nialler!" I say as he gives me one of his famous Horan hugs.

"Aileen!"

"Zayn!" and he give me a quick squeeze of a hug.

"Guys, I..... I really don't know what to say."

"Aileen, we've missed you so much. The drama has cooled down. Authorities have found the girl who broke in. It's all safe now." Liam tells me.

"I.... I really don't know what I'm going to do now." I say. I haven't completely processed these events yet, I mean, I've been sitting in my house for a bit more than 2 weeks.

"Go to the dance of course, then join us and sing at the Jingle Ball." Harry says, smiling, and wrapping his arms around my waist like he used to.

"Harry-"

"Aileen, you know what I've done these past two weeks?"

I shake my head.

"Sitting. In my room. Waiting for you to come back. I tried to forget. Really. But I couldn't. I sat at my computer, waiting for you to Skype me, tweet something, anything. Nothing. I knew you'd just be hiding. And I couldn't take it anymore. So I came."

I just look into his green eyes. I gulp. "Harry, I...."

He lets go and begins to push me toward my room. Liam follows holding the dress, and a shoe box. Liam puts the things on the bed and him and Harry leave. I stare at the beautiful dress. It's more perfect than any photoshoot dress. It's me.

I begin to put the dress on, zipping up the back.  

I slide my feet into the shoes, that resembled glass slippers. I put my hair into a classy and romantic hairstyle. 

http://www.polyvore.com/winter_dance/set?id=64276051

Now this was perfect. 

I take the little silver clutch bag and walk out of my room.

The boys were wearing their tuxes and each had a little white flower tucked into their jacket.

Harry pulls out a pale rose, like the one he had given to me in the past. "Aileen Evangeline Rose, will you be my date to the dance?"

I let out a light laugh. "Of course Harry."

We walk out, and I see a limousine. The same one that had taken us to the concert so long ago. I step in, and sit in the same spot I had sat in last time, right across from Harry. Louis and Liam go separately and pick up Deana and Christine.

As the car begins to drive, we don't say much, and I just savor every moment. I was going to the winter dance. I never thought I would.

"Cos no one ever looked so good in a dress and it hurts cos I know you won't be mine tonight." Harry sings.

"But she will be yours tonight." Zayn says.

He blushes, and grins, his dimples showing.

We arrived at 6 o clock exactly. I stepped out and Harry took my hand. "Ready?"

"As I'll ever be." I say.

Deana and Christine and Liam and Louis were already there. We walked in, through the doors into the decorated gym, with blue tinted lights, and they had white linens for the table, and blue Christmas trees everywhere. Just like I'd imagined it.

The song Last First Kiss starts playing. Hand in hand with Harry, we make our way over to the luminescent dance floor. He pulls me close to him, and puts his hands on my waist. We get some funny looks from some people, but we didn't care.

"Is it me yeah, are you thinking of me yeah?" Harry sings, grinning.

"I wanna be last yeah, let me be your last first kiss." I sing, when that part comes along. "Harry, I'm glad you were my first kiss."

We dance for the rest of the song. "You know, I've never danced before." I confide in him.

"You're a natural."

"Really?"

"No."

"Shut up Styles." I say, trying not to laugh.

We smile and dance throughout the whole song, his hands on my waist, mine on his shoulders. At the end, he gave me a passionate kiss, so magical and perfect.

"I love you Ailee."

"I love you Harry."

Then I feel to pairs of hands grab my shoulders. I jump, and Harry let's go. "Guys!"

"Aileen!" Deana and Christine shriek as they pull me into a hug.

"You look amazing guys, both of you." I tell them as I admire Deana's draping silver dress and Christine's preppy ivory one. http://www.polyvore.com/christine_deana_at_winter_dance/set?id=64367266#stream_box

"Not anything compared to you! Your dress is beautiful!" Christine compliments.

"Oh, this? Thanks." I say, blushing.

"We've missed you! Christine can be so boring sometimes." Deana tells me.

"Dea- whatever!" Christine says,

"I've missed you guys too." I say, rolling my eyes at them, but smiling.

"Wait, say that again!" Christine says excitedly.

"Um, I've missed you guys too?" I say, confused as to what their motive was.

"Deana! She's got an accent! Too much time with the boys!" She turns to Deana and says excitedly. "So, only Harry came I see... Where are the others?"

"Don't tell me they're in New York getting ready for the Jingle Ball. Ugh. They probably are." Deana says dissapointed.

"Well, I won't say that, because then I'd be lying." I say.

"Wait, they're here?" She says. Liam and Louis then walk up behind them.

"Turn around." I say grinning.

"Liam!"

"Louis!"

They shriek and embrace them in a hug around their necks. Harry and I left them, they were too excited to see their loves.

We danced the night away.