Chapter 21

That night, we arrived in New York, trying (I said trying) to go to our hotel without being noticed. We quickly gathered our luggage and entered through the back door, flashes going off from cameras at night. We were given a room on the top floor. But right as I finished unpacking my things, all five of the boys were practically pushing me out the door.

"Guys, wha-"

"C'mon Ailee, we have to show you something!" Louis said excitedly.

I more willingly walked with them, and they led me into the car. A short drive, and we arrived at this massive building. Liam and Harry took my hands and pulled me in through the doors, the other 3 boys following behind. Up a set of marble stairs, into a room, a recording studio. A keyboard in the center. A guitar in the corner. Niall picked it up. "ready?"

"You guys are serious?" I said, appalled.

"Yes. C'mon, which song are we adding to the iTunes album?" Zayn asks.

"What about Nobody Compares? I love that song."

They nodded in agreement. They gave a signal to the guys on the other side of the glass. They nodded back. I started playing and so did Niall. Here's how it went. M for me.

N:You're so pretty when you cry when you cry
M:Wasn't ready to hear you, say goodbye
Both:Now you're tearing me apart, tearing me apart
You're tearing me apart

M:You're so London, your own style, your own style
Z:We're together its so good, so girl why
Both:are you tearing me apart, tearing me apart
You're tearing me apart

H:Did I do something stupid, yeah girl if I blew it
Just tell me what I did, lets work through it
M:Theres gotta be some way, to get you to want me
Like before

All:Cause no one ever looked so good
In a dress and it hurts, cause I know you wont be mine tonight
No one ever makes me feel like you do when you smile,
Baby tell me how to make it right

Now all of my friends say it's not really worth it, but even if thats true,
No one in the world could stop me from not moving on
Baby even if I wanted to, nobody compares to you.

M:We're so Paris when we kissed, when we kissed
L:I remember the taste of your lipstick
Both:Now your tearing up my heart, tearing up my heart
You're tearing up my heart

H:Did I do something stupid, Yeah girl if I blew it
Just tell me what I did, lets work through it
M:Theres gotta be some way to get you to want me
Like before

All:Cause no one ever looked so good
In a dress and it hurts, cause I know that you wont be mine tonight
No one ever makes me feel, like you do, when you smile, baby tell me how to make it right

Now all of my friends say its not really worth it, but even if thats true
No one in the would could stop me from not moving on, even if I wanted to, Nobody compares to you

Ohhhhhh wehoooo

M:Nobody compares to youuuuuuuuu.

Theres gotta be some way to get you to want me like before.

All:Cause no one ever looked so good
In a dress and it hurts cause I know you wont be mine tonight
No one ever makes me feel like you do when you smile, baby tell me how to make it right

Now all of my friends say its not really worth it, but even if thats true
No one in the would could stop me from not moving on, even if I wanted to

M:Nobody compares to you.

We finished, smiling, a little out of breath from playing so hard. I jumped up from the keyboard, hugging the boys excitedly. "I can't believe you guys did this! I'm on an album now! Thank you!"

"Hey, you deserved it." Liam said, giving me a brotherly hug.

"We have to go guys, it's almost midnight!" Louis yelled, jumping up and down.

We ran back into the car, hiding from the flashing cameras of the paparrazzi.Our driver sped along the New York roads back to our hotel, and we ran in. "Crap." I said, more to myself, but the boys certainly heard me. Dozens of fans screaming were in the lobby, surrounding the elevator. I felt someone grab my hand. I look up urgently. It was just Harry, pulling me along with the others to the emergency staircase. I ran along with them, Harry putting his hand out, protecting me from some fans that seemed to be getting a little violent. We got into the stairwell and shut the door behind us. But we didn't stop. We kept running up the stairs. We had to get to the top floor.

About half way up, I was a little out of breath, but still kept moving forward. We kept our pace until we entered the room that the girls and I were sharing (Liam picked rooms, thank god) and I literally collapsed on the floor. Niall did the same, Liam was all bent over. Zayn fell onto the bed, and Harry was supporting himself with the table.

"well hello there. Did you guys like, run here?" Deana says akwardly. She and Christine were sitting on the floor looking at my laptop on the coffee table.

"Yeah, kind of." I say. "what are you guys doing with my laptop?"

"oh, we're on Liam's twitter. Twitcam?"

"wait-how'd you get my twitter password?" Liam says.

"And my laptop password?"

"You guys shouldn't leave your phones lying around when you have your passwords to everything on them." Deana says, waving our phones teasingly.

I roll my eyes, but can't help smiling. That girl. I get up from the floor, and snatch the phone from her, but sit down and join them. "Hi everyone!" I say, waving cheerily.

The boys joined behind us. "hey!"

Then Zayn piped in. "Vas happenin'?'

I couldn't help but laugh. "Okay, so the reason we were ya know, doing whatever that was, was because we were running from fans. We just got back from recording a surprise addition for the iTunes Take Me Home album!"

Excited tweets filled the page. A few haters but, ya know what? Haters gonna hate, and potatoes gonna potate, and alligators gonna alligate. "yeah, we did another recording of Nobody Compares with the lovely.... Francesca Baker! A.k.a Ailee here." Louis said, very animated.

"Yes, you guys like, need to buy it!" Niall said, putting his face directly in front of the camera.

"Christine, how many more minutes til the album comes out?" I ask her.

She checks her phone. "Only 3 three!!!!"

"Okay! That's enough time! Throwback! Let's play a song!" Deana said, and plugged in her iPhone, which began playing Up All Night through the speaker. We had a 3 minute dance party, singing, and dancing (terribly, especially me, I don't dance, surpised?)

Fans began posting countdown tweets.

10

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

2

"Up All Night!"

And then, it got crazy.